Cosmic Pet is a multi-branded, international company that designs and markets products for cats and dogs. Our combined company is an industry leader of innovative and stimulating pet toys and accessories that help strengthen the bond between pets and their parents.
Our mission is to lead in the pet industry by developing iconic and trend-setting products that create value for our partners by delivering great experiences for pets and their families. Our Company continually strives to exceed the expectations of all our customers while providing only the best for our four-legged friends.
Job position summary
The Production Team Lead will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the production equipment in the plant. This includes; staging, processing, sampling, labeling, filtering, and filling of products. The Production Team Lead will accurately document and maintain production parameters and promptly report any issues that may arise to the Production Supervisor. Ensure uninterrupted production flow in assigned process. Provide problem support and coaching / on-the-job training to employees to ensure that the day-to-day business unit department goals are being met.
- Understand BOM process
- Setup jobs, track production rates
- Inventory control
- Cycle Counts
- Load and unload trucks
- Purchase Order Receiving
- Production scheduling
- Assist in leading team
- New production process set-up
- Process Mapping
- Continuous Process Improvement
Experience required to obtain the job
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
- Must be able to operate equipment, tow motor
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of SX a plus but not mandatory
- Experience in leading a team of at least 3 or more
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma/Process Improvement
- Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with customers and employees
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to take strategic direction and thrive in active, high-pressure environment
- Familiarity with standard process costing
- Highly motivated, self-starter and able to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in support of overall brand strategies
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Good mechanical skills a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /hour
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift