Global Psychological Services is currently seeking a Full-Time School Occupational Therapist to provide services at client locations in the Fort Wayne, IN area.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual and group therapy, consultation to teachers, and other services that help a student cope with their occupational deficits.
- Consult and work cooperatively with school administrators, special education program staff, teachers and parents in evaluating the student (after a referral is initiated and parental consent obtained).
- Evaluations involve performing assessments using a variety of techniques and tools. An evaluation may include the following: an occupational evaluation, a social history (a history of the student’s development based largely on an interview with the parent), and observations of the student in his or her classroom.
- Periodic re-evaluations and annual reviews of students receiving OT/PT as mandated by their IEP.
- Participation in Child Study Team meetings and the development of student's goals and objectives.
- Consult with parents/guardians as needed.
- Consistently providing only the highest quality of service.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of all State regulations pertaining to the services provided.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current NBCOT Certification and Indiana licensure
- MS Word and MS Excel proficiency
- Flexible and adaptable in fast-paced work environment
- Pediatric and/or school experience preferred
- Required license or certification: NBCOT
Job Type: Full-time
- Pediatric and/or school OT: 1 year (Preferred)
- Current NBCOT Certification and Indiana licensure (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off