Valley Waste Service, Inc. is seeking qualified throwers to collect refuse from an average of 750-850 households and businesses per day.
- Collect refuse from each stop pursuant to the specific contracts or levels of service within the serviced area.
- Safely manually manipulate carts, cans, and other types of containers.
- Safely haul, lift, and load items and materials into the truck.
- Assist the driver in backing situations to help guide and ensure safety while backing.
- Maintain a courteous and cordial manner with all customers encountered on the route.
- Must pass a physical exam and drug screen.
- Employees must provide their own safety-approved work boots.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend/twist, lift/carry required.
- The ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs. is required.
- This job is performed in and out of the truck. Employees are subject to weather elements daily; i.e. heat, sun, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location