California Coast Credit Union takes pride in promoting financial prosperity to our members while continuously delivering stellar service! We are passionate about cultivating relationships within the educational and business communities and take a very active role in community activities.
We offer beautiful surroundings and foster a positive work/life balance. Cal Coast is in tune to what's important to our valued employees. Our workplace Wellness Program provides opportunities for health, wellness and fun as does our Employee Activity Program. We boast of our employee friendly culture and our positive environment which supports recognition and rewards. Come be a part of our family!
If you share the same interests and passions and possess the right credentials, then read on to find out more:
JOB OBJECTIVE (brief statement of the core job responsibilities to be accomplished):
This position is accountable for providing exceptional service with a focus on processing transactions, member requests and referring financial products and services. Adheres to the credit union’s policies, procedures and quality service standards.
DIMENSIONS (the depth and breadth of the job in numeric or statistical terms):
4.00 rating or above required on a 5 point scale.
Meet/exceed established monthly/annual sales goals (may change annually)
o Consumer loan referral annual goal:
o Real estate loan referral annual goal:
o Teller Product Minimum 18 Products
o Additional referral requirements:
new members, auto buying service, investment products, and credit union promotional products and services.
o Additional sales requirements:
eStatements, bill pay, and direct deposit.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (reporting structure):
NATURE & SCOPE:
- This position reports directly to the Branch Supervisor or Assistant Branch Manager. No employees report directly to this position.
(daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks, duties and responsibilities):
- Processes member transactions. Performs account file maintenance and handles member issues.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities, referring members to Personal Financial Representatives.
- Meets/exceeds established monthly/annual sales and service goals.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and services, policies and procedures.
- Follows quality service standards to ensure exceptional quality service is provided.
- Ensures compliance with daily cash drawer balancing and limits.
- Identifies questionable or suspicious transaction activity, reporting it to management in order to protect the credit union from potential losses. Performs necessary steps to ensure BSA/AML compliance to reduce risk to the credit union.
- May serve as back-up to Personal Financial Assistant.
- Assists with branch balancing, opening and closing procedures, scanning checks, night depository processing, ATM processes, certifications and other side jobs as assigned.
- Shared Branches - Knowledgeable on all FSCC Policies and Procedures that are unique to a Service Center environment. This includes transaction processing and limitations, hold requirements, service standards and restrictions, and boundaries for promoting products and service to guest-members.
- Performs other relevant duties as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (qualifications and experience required for this position):
o Teller I:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is desired.
Previous sales, member service, and cash handling experience in a financial institution is preferred
o Teller II:
1 year experience in a financial institution as a teller plus proven successful performance in sales, member service and cash handling
o Teller III:
3 years experience in a financial institution as a teller plus proven successful performance in sales, member service and cash handling
- Excellent communication skills; sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows applications is preferred.
- Ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact effectively with coworkers, understand and follow policies and procedures, and accept constructive criticism.
- Occasional Saturday, Sunday and evening shifts may be required to accommodate branch, Business Development and Community Relations functions.
- Ability to operate standard business machines such as computer, printer, fax, copier and telephonic devices.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES (major responsibilities of the position):
- Process member transactions and requests accurately and timely.
- Greet members with a friendly, outgoing and positive demeanor.
- Ensure sales and service goals are met.
- Refer members to appropriate staff for sales opportunities.
- Adhere to cash, key and dual control policies and procedures.
- Adhere to security and robbery procedures.
- Complies with all other policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (sitting, walking, climbing, lifting, etc.)
- Ability to tolerate long periods of standing with occasional walking/sitting.
- Ability to use keyboard, mouse and other peripherals.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS (indoors, outdoors, desk, etc.)
- Work is primarily performed within an office setting. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Staff is expected to perform various tasks, projects and administrative duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
California Coast Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.