Responsible for Health Corner access and satisfaction of customers utilizing the Walgreen’s Health Corner. Ensures a customer-focused experience by proactively providing healthcare service offerings including the health benefits of each service, device, and application.
Position is responsible for providing customers with information and options available on shelf, digitally, and through diagnostic tools. This role is not responsible and will not provide prescriptive medicine or provide healthcare advice or solutions to customers.
Provides all necessary information to customer which enables customer to make informed decisions regarding health, treatment and care decisions. Assist customer in exploring both instore and online diagnostic devices and solutions and assist with proper use of devices. Educate the customer on all available Walgreens digital tools and services relevant to managing condition. Assist customers with enrollment in Walgreens Balance Rewards and Walgreens Mobile App as needed. Assist customers in finding healthcare products by walking them to the aisle and provide product information in order for customer to make informed decisions regarding his/her healthcare options. Engages new customers and captures profiles for health interactions.
- Engages customers by greeting them and helping with healthcare needs, and with diagnostic products, services and solutions, and any other in-store assistance customers may need. Connect customers with omni-channel solutions to enhance healthcare engagement while providing care gap closure activities for payor partner members.
- Interacts with customers to understand their needs and encourage trust and brand loyalty in an efficient manner that supports effective communication between diverse customer populations and unique Walgreens health corner services. Ensures a complete customer experience in Health Corner by:
- Educating customers on the value and scope of services for all healthcare services located within the store.
- Assistance utilizing Walgreen’s diagnostic devices and solutions currently carried in store.
- Provides relevant information on products that can help customer’s decisions for health condition care such as instructions on the proper use, setup, and basic troubleshooting of these devices and applications.
- Engage with digital tools to assist the customer in learning about and receiving each healthcare service.
- Assist with completion of care gap closure activities.
- Document all customer encounters, follow-ups, and referrals recommended using the technology tools provided.
- Encourage the customer to complete feedback surveys as required by the Health Corner business team.
- Model and share customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinct and delightful customer experience.
- Collaborate with Walgreens Health Corner business team to collect key learnings from customers on their experience. Communicates with store team members, Health Corner Pharmacy Manager and business team on feedback and outcomes resulting from customer continuing education and usage of healthcare services and digitally connected healthcare experience for customers.
- Maintain awareness of and communicate information regarding community health events and the Walgreens Health Corner to colleagues and customers.
- Continually look for ways to connect customers with Walgreens healthcare services to meet customer expectations. Answer questions about basic service offerings, hours, and promotions for healthcare services.
- Exhibit knowledge about the Walgreens pharmacy services and products and any other healthcare service offered by Walgreens such as Find Care Now, durable medical equipment (DME), home care services, telemedicine as well as the healthcare services located within the store.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Health Corner and shared waiting room area. Ensure equipment is in working condition.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when representing the Health Corner to visitors internal and external to Walgreen Co.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures; maintain respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Acts as a store ambassador for the Health Corner by training team members on the Health Corner Guide role.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls concerning healthcare service. Demonstrate a genuine interest and excitement for the Walgreens Health Corner related programs and initiatives and instill that enthusiasm in team members and customers.
- Completes special assignments during down time as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Complete requested training and learning modules. Maintain a working knowledge of technological tools provided to perform job duties.
- Seek to gain a deep understanding of Walgreens products, services, and technology in order to maintain relevant and up-to-date knowledge of healthcare services, products, and promotional offerings listed above.
- Seek self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning from others, and improving job performance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- High school diploma/GED and six months of experience in a healthcare/pharmacy environment.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community, Customers & with vendors.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Comfortable with digital technologies such as website forms, mobile applications, PC/tablet systems, and in-store systems and connected healthcare devices.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prior experience with healthcare vernacular, or healthcare experience in a patient-facing role preferred. Understanding of insurance relationship between patient, payor and provider a plus. Knowledge of Clover Health Care System a plus.
- Degree or certification in a healthcare related profession. PTCB, Medical Assistant (cert), Pharmacy Intern
- Prefer bilingual in English and Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused