The right candidate must be flexible, organized, proactive, collaborative, and calm under pressure. Excellent communication, inter-personal and collaboration skills are essential for this role due to interactions with C-level executives, others across all levels of the organization as well as our Board of Directors. Demonstrated experience problem-solving and proactive dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact is required as well as demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination and/or management. This position also requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, the ability to prioritize, and a high level of discretion with the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information. The incumbent must enjoy dynamic atmosphere, good judgment, show initiative and be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables. Familiarity with biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Provide general administrative support, to include: calendar and meeting management, coordination of leadership team meetings - set agendas, attend, capture meeting minutes, and follow through on action items.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, including PowerPoint presentations, and logistics for executive meetings; support the preparation of Board materials as appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant Biogen policies and procedures and provide information in this regard as required.
- Manage expense reporting by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
- Provide finance and budget support by submitting requests for purchase orders, and tracking invoices through the payment process.
- Support or facilitate global communications, in and outside of normal office hours, as needed.
- Business travel arrangements for the EVP as required. Proactively troubleshoot and address travel conflicts. Additionally, generate detailed itineraries, including arranging for the use of visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
- Coordination and logistics support of meetings and events, both on and off-site.
- 10+ years administrative experience required, including 4+ years supporting an executive, preferably in the biopharma industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills, polished, articulate, mature; energy and enthusiasm with a positive outlook required.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment. Project management and project coordination skills desired.
- Experience planning large, complex meetings desired.
- Possess a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and determine priorities. Proactively anticipate and identify issues and propose solutions or takes steps to resolve.
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving and maintaining a proactive and diplomatic demeanor in a complex, ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to operate productively in ambiguous and highly dynamic contexts.
Employment CategoryFull-Time Regular