Assistant District Mgr COO - Milwaukee
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We’re always looking for top performers to add value & make a difference in people’s lives.
We offer flexible work schedules and pay based on performance.
As an Assistant District Manager (ADM) you will learn the business from the ground up providing real business leadership development and experience as well as deep understanding of critical components of business success (recruitment/retention strategies, marketing, employee development, operations, training, profitability, team leadership). This position manages the day-to-day activities of seasonal team members assigned to approximately twenty (20) or more stores and/or kiosk locations. This role has access to and regularly requires working with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and dealing with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Responsible for multi-unit retail locations in the assigned district and will work in tandem with the District Manager to strategically manage district operations.
- Reports to the District Manager and regularly communicates with them to ensure the company client experience standard is being achieved.
- Drives the operation at each location to maximize the efficiency of Tax Preparer work and increase revenue and profitability.
- Leads recruiting efforts and manages the interviewing process of seasonal employees for assigned area. Manages leads from JHNet and other sources.
- Works directly on job-fairs, hiring initiatives, process and training of all preparers to execute the job.
- Assists, or drives the tax education process and flow of teams, including the transition to hire process. * Monitors associate performance to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Creates and/or approves work schedules and time cards. Monitors Dayforce during all shifts, works with Human Resources on any employee relations issues or complaints and training.
- Ensures all assigned locations meet company standards including but not limited to: office set up, build-outs and breakdown, technology set up, telecommunications, office supplies and facilities maintenance. Maintains relationships with property managers and landlords, works with District Manager on necessary corrective actions.
- Continuously builds the business by retaining existing clients, attracting new clients and creating positive brand awareness.
- Resolves client complaints or answers client questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Monitors GL & P&L performance and holds/voids/rejects, discount reports and productivity reports for assigned store group. Also responsible for meeting all assigned district goals including, but not limited to revenue, cash control and tax return count in assigned area.
- Maintain relationships with brokers, property managers and landlords.
- Responsible for conducting internal audits of all assigned offices to ensure all employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Educate and support the client with marketing strategies including but not limited to, internal office branding, client segmentation and external marketing strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent related business experience. Course of study in management or in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
- 2 years previous management or supervisory experience required with a passion for leading and inspiring others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that inspires out of the box thinking to impact business results.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills.
- Must possess reliable transportation, insurance and a driver’s license in good standing.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications such as electronic mail, internet browser, Word, Excel, and accounting or tax preparation software. PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK EFFORT
- Typing, sitting, standing, walking and driving.
- The role may demand heavy travel based on the geography of the assigned stores.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Ability to sustain energy and remain available to subordinates during season including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- multi-unit leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- Coaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Recruiting: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift