HIGH SIERRA POOLS is looking for a full-time, or part-time lifeguard for an indoor pools in
The pools are located in fitness clubs in one of the fastest growing and largest fitness chains in the world. The club is membership based and the pool usage is mainly lap swimmers so guards have a chance to get to know the regular patrons and be an important part of the community and the facility team.
Shifts are flexible.
This position offers:
- Eligibility to participate in the High Sierra Pools health, dental and vision insurance plan beginning of the first of the month after 60 days of employment (full-time employees only).
- Referral Bonus- $100 after your referral works 100 hours
-Sign-on Bonus- $200 after 200 hours
- Not certified yet? No problem! We run courses and offer discounted pricing to our employees
- Flexible schedules available including full-time, part-time, and weekends-only work.
- Competitive pay - up to $15 hour for Lifeguards, depending on experience, availability, and pool selection.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY:
Monitors activities in swimming areas to prevent, recognize and manage accidents in and around the swimming pool; maintains pool facility including water quality, and ensures a positive experience for patrons.
· Constantly monitors and regulates the behavior of patrons and co-workers to prevent unsafe activities and accidents
· Warns patrons of safety hazards
· Displays a positive and courteous attitude when enforcing pool rules and regulations
· Effectively responds to emergencies; executes rescues and first aid including spinal injury management
· Prepares the pool area for opening and closing each day
· Supervises all facility activities and controls entry to the facility by monitoring the use of pool and guest passes
·Keeps aquatic facilities clean including deck, restrooms, changing facilities, tiles, skimmers, windows, guardroom, and trash receptacles
· Assists in the control of water quality, the operation of the pool filtration system, and water testing including recording chemical readings hourly
Qualified applicants will possess:
· Valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid, CPR-AED for Lifeguards, Bloodborne Pathogens certificate and a pool operator license
· If not certified, must be able to meet the minimum swimming requirements for American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification class- More info here: http://www.highsierrapools.com/services/safety-training-certification/training-resources
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· A history of reliability
· A positive attitude
Interested applicants should submit an application online at www.highsierrapools.com or call the HR Department for more information at 703.920.1750 ext.205.
Not certified? No problem! High Sierra Pools offers DISCOUNTED training classes for its prospective employees. Call the HSP office to register or find more information.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Remote interview process; Personal protective equipment provided or required; Social distancing in place; Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place.
Work Location: Multiple Locations