The Cash Room Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of clerical accounting functions, such as compilingand sorting cash, calculating and verifying amounts, and posting transactions to accounts; performs all otherresponsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position andtypically reports to the Controller, Assistant Controller or the General Manager, depending on localrequirements.Essential Functions: Controls assigned company funds and communicate all questionable transactions and/ordocumentation to the Controller and/or General Manager Verifies, records and witnesses cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility for cashhandling Completes applicable documentation accurately and according to corporate policies and procedures aswell as reviews for accuracy and proper completion of all documentation completed by others Orders, maintains and distributes change according to branch needs Prepares, issues and collects cashier banks and manager change banks Orders money from bank Prepares bank deposit in accordance with company policies and procedures Uses manual or mechanical means to count and verify cashier drops
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- Requires a minimum of 1 year payroll and/or clerical accounting experience
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy
documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions.