Our mission is to implement high design projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles while utilizing Wight’s unique Integrated Delivery Services. Wight is currently in search of a Licensed Project Architect, with 7-10 years of professional experience, a strong professional drive, great passion, and self-direction, to join our collaborative and engaging practice in the Darien office location. The Project Architect will lead and mentor team members in the implementation and delivery of projects design.
- Be responsible for planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments.
- Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager and/or Senior Project Architect.
- Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFIs, RFPs, Change Orders, etc.)
- Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Establish budget, task schedule and other components of the work plan with Project Manager.
- Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients.
- Work with engineering consultants through schematic, design development and construction document phases.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Participate in cross-discipline career development.
- Actively participate in company initiatives, groups and programs.
- Experience working on Institutional, K-12 Schools, Civic and Governmental buildings are a plus.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in leading teams and preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents and materials.
- Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff.
- Experience in all phases and aspects of a project.
- Well developed knowledge of and experience with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems.
- Understanding of project management process.
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to clients, multi-disciplinary teams, and management.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Revit, graphic design, and 3D modelling and visualization software.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to grow and advance
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
The above constitutes a general description of the Project Architect job duties as of this posting. Wight reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
CONTACT TO APPLY