CIS Management, Inc. an Award Winning Property Management Company provides comprehensive and responsive property management services for the entire CIS portfolio, as well as third-party contracts. Recognized as one of New Jersey’s premier affordable and creative housing solutions provider, CIS Management is committed to a hands-on, around-the-clock approach.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for our multi-family and 55+ properties with at least 2 years of industry experience. This position reports to the Controller.
- Input cash receipts into Yardi, prepare deposits, make deposits to bank daily (be available to make bank runs if necessary)
- Input back billings to residents - i.e. utilities, damages, legal fees, and etc.
- Ensure deposit slip done correctly - dates, amounts, property, and account
- Prepare monthly postings reports, send to PM's, make necessary changes
- Review and monitor move ins/move outs weekly on dashboard
- Perform security deposit accounting and move outs weekly in Yardi
- Review move out reports ensure all billing to resident has been captured (i.e. - damages billed, utilities billed, keys returned, and etc.)
- Ensure move-out paper work is received from site within 72 hours of move-out
- Make sure security deposit returned to tenants within 30 days of move out
- Review / input HAP changes, enter and correct tics - correspond with PM's
- Understands and is able to interpret tenant ledgers.
- Review and maintain resident ledgers/correct Ledgers as needed
- Meet monthly with Coordinator and site manager to review A/R detail
- Prepare for meeting with list of all tenants that should be in legal and any other outstanding items on aged detail report
- Review monthly security deposits = to bank listing and ensure all info is correct and complete (i.e. ss #, correct spelling of name)
- Post late fees to properties according to late fee date
- File AR documents on a daily basis
- Maintain AR utility logs, reconcile to Yardi Receivables by charge code Report.
- Create and mail Legal letters to residents, and scan to Property Manager
- Create utility bills letters , attach utility bills and mail to the residents, scan to the PM.
- Assist in the training of new Accounts Receivables Personnel
- Prepare Skip Notice Reports, to be reviewed by Property Manager, and submitted to Upper Management on a monthly basis.
- Compile, scan,save and submit documents for AR balances to be sent to collections
- Any other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting or other accounting certifications
- 2-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Property management/real estate a plus
- Knowledge of accounts receivable/payable, bookkeeping & general accounting
- Experience in processing healthcare receivables a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 2- 3 years Yardi experience preferred
- Will highly consider recent college graduate with accounting or related degree
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficient analytical skills, ability to investigate and problem solve
- Team Player with a positive attitude and commitment
We offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 120 hours PTO (utilize 40 hours after 6 months of employment) and 12 paid holidays. Eligible for benefits after 30 days of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Yardi: 2 years (Preferred)
- accounts receivable: 2 years (Required)