A software development engineer will design, test and release software with a high level of complexity and technical innovation for the motorsport market.
Major Duties Include:
- Participate in the complete design process to develop embedded software for motorsport products
- Application development for powertrain controls (engine controls, transmission controls, hybrid controls, electric drive controls)
- Develop PC based tools for internal and external use
- Design, plan, track, test and release software functions per internal and customer requirements, according to Bosch software development processes and implementation standards
- Responsible for requirement analysis, functional specification, implementation, and test of software functions
- Interact with internal and external customers to define or clarify software feature specifications
- Work with software coding teams globally to ensure proper feature implementation
- Test and debug integrated software functions for conformance with requirements
- Technical contact for the customer and a global software development team
- Support technical presentations and regular meetings with the development team
- Occasional travel both domestic and international may be necessary
Communicate project status, analysis and test results to project team and management Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Control Systems, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in embedded software development within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of various computing platforms (embedded, pc, etc)
- Knowledge of powertrain systems (combustion engines, transmissions, hybrid architectures, electronics, sensors electric drives)
- Fast learner of technology with ever-changing hardware, software and development tools
- Team oriented working style
- Ability to professionally represent Bosch at the customer
- Industry experience through internships or as software engineer
- Strong understanding of embedded systems
- Experience with model-based software development and/or calibration development for powertrain control algorithms.
- Experience with software development for BOSCH powertrain controllers.
- Familiar with CANalyzer, INCA, ASCET, Matlab/Simulink.
- Familiar with HiL test environments and SiL/HiL testing methods.
- Fluency in C, C++, C#, python
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Experience with networks and cloud based architectures
- Experience with IoT
- Successful embedded products from start to finish
- Familiarity with communication protocols such CAN, Bluetooth, WiFi and Ethernet
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)