Technical tester responsible for developing and executing test cases, providing technical expertise into the primary technology layers, and building a library of test cases that supports an IT Modernization to commodity based hardware), a virtualized and enterprise-level managed environment, and COTS based client solutions. Duties and responsibilities include:
Serves as the test team scrum master, manages and maintains backlog, leads and conducts Agile ceremonies, provides burndown and progress metrics to the PM (Test Director)
Provides technical expertise to the Test team on industry leading platform, hardware, and software technologies. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies
Provides guidance and mentoring to a junior team of test engineers.
Identifies, implements, and institutionalizes process changes, standards, and improvements
Develops and executes test cases and scripts. Works with Engineering teams and customer to review, vet, and implement recommended changes.
Assists in troubleshooting and conducting analysis on issues/defects that arise from testing
Maintains Requirements Traceability Matrix
Creates and/or provides input into briefs, reports, and other testing artifacts
Participates in special projects as required
Overseas travel will be required
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
8-10 years of related experience in network management and administration, enterprise architecture, and/or testing
Knowledge of test engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to be solutions oriented and interact with strong and dynamic personality types
Knowledge and experience in Agile delivery and tools (i.e., Jira, Kanban boards). Agile certified professional, preferred
Professional certification in one or more specific technologies
Top Secret clearance required
Knowledge and experience in implementing and managing one (or more) of the following industry standard hardware, software, and technology that support Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Networking (CCNP level, Data Center core routing, Cisco, Palo Alto firewalls, VPN, load balancers and WAN accelerators, Riverbed/F5, Steelhead, EMC Unity)
- Storage (SAN, Block & object storage, Avamar data backup solutions)
- Virtualization (VMware, Vsphere, NSX, vCenter, vRealize)
- Client Provisioning Services (CPS)
- Desktop and application provisioning (Windows 10, SCCM, App-V/liquidware, VMware Horizon, McAfee)
- Print/Copy/Scan capabilities
- Service Management & Control (SMC)
- Enterprise Management technologies (BMC suite - Remedy, Discovery, Smart IT; Splunk, ITSM)
- Enterprise Control Services (ECS)
- Directory Services (AD, Federated services, SCCM, SCOM)
- Email messaging (MS Exchange)
- Unified Communication (Skype for Business)
- Portal (SharePoint)
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.