Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available atwww.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential is seeking a seasonal Maintenance Technician for a Community in the Ashburn, VA Area.
Primary Responsibilities: Performs grounds and facility related inspections and maintenance tasks; including snow removal.Organizes, schedules and supervises maintenance and upkeep tasks for operation/maintenance associates; and communicates necessary details to impacted homeowners, contractors, associates, or others.
- Interacts and oversees facilities and grounds contractors to assure the scope of work within contracts and agreements is achieved.
- Works with Lifestyle Department on planning, setup, breakdown and execution of community events.
- Interacts with associates, homeowners and contractors on facility use, maintenance and upkeep.
- Schedules, coordinates, supervises and performs common area grounds and facilities maintenance, repairs and upkeep tasks.
- Schedules and supervises maintenance associates.
- Coordinates, performs and inspects snow removal operations on private streets, common drives and parking lots.
- Performs recurring inspections on facilities, grounds, parks, amenities and common areas.
- Maintains Workorder system to track open requests and record completed tasks.
- Interacts, coordinates and inspects work performed by facility, grounds and pool contractors.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies, materials and equipment for the department as approved by the General Manager.
- Facilitates use, inspections, tours, repairs, upkeep and maintenance of the community buildings with associates, contractors and homeowners.
- Interacts and responds in a professional manner to residents and homeowners regarding facility and grounds questions, concerns, work requests through email, phone, in person, social media, etc.
- Assists Lifestyles Department on the planning, setup, takedown and execution of events and programs.
- Schedules, coordinates and records fleet maintenance, services and upkeep.
- Attends and participates in Grounds & Facilities Committee meetings when requested by the General Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Technical background from university or vocational sources a plus.
- Minimum 1- 3 years experience in general grounds or buildings maintenance. Community maintenance experience preffered.
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry trades. Must be able to operate tools and equipment related to facility maintenance.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record, and be able to pass background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour