The Proposal Manager is responsible for the management of activities and staff associated with the development of responses to Government Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), and Request for Information (RFIs). The Proposal Manager provides leadership and direction to cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts; ensures that proposal responses are compliant, compelling, and completed on schedule; works with the Capture Manager and Business Development team to weave opportunity strategies, solutions, themes, and discriminators into proposal responses; and ensures that proposals are completed and delivered to the Government within the prescribed time periods.
- Facilitate storyboard session to develop proposal strategies and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with team to develop win themes, ghost themes, value discriminators, and identify risk.
- Review and analyze the RFP/RFQ/RFI.
- Create compliant outlines, matrices, proposal schedule, kick-off meeting materials.
- Support the development of all standard proposal sections.
- Management Plans, Past Performance, or Key Personnel Resumes.
- Develop and integrate proposal themes, discriminators and key success factors.
- Facilitate color team reviews, capture actions items and status, and validate action item closure.
- Conduct regular proposal status meetings and manage the proposal schedule.
- Interviews managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives.
- Resolves issues with originating authors or team members.
- Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections.
- Maintain document configuration management and control.
- Ensures that all RFP format specifications have been followed and meets all proposal deadlines.
- Minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors.
- Ensures the proper contextual integrity of each completed proposal section by reviewing edits with the respective SME/contributor.
- Manage the production of draft and ﬁnal text and graphics.
- Perform desktop publishing and copy editing.
- Perform white glove review and final proposal production for hard/soft copy submission.
- Develop and maintain corporate processes and templates for proposal activities.
- Proven track record of collaborating in a team environment to get the job done under all circumstances.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience with Shipley Method or equivalent preferred
- APMP Practitioner Level certification or higher is preferred.
- 8+ years of government proposal development experience.
NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and professional services provider specializing in advanced software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably improve our client’s organizational performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Proposal Development: 5 years (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Federal Government Proposal: 5 years (Preferred)
- Shipley Associates (Preferred)
- APMP (Preferred)