At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement-available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.
00011 - Member Service Specialist - Call Center - Fleming Island
The incumbent’s primary function is to effectively use VyStar Excellence principles during telephone contact with members in the course of daily business. Thus, the incumbent must adhere to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors associated with VyStar Excellence. The incumbent is to integrate people, processes, and technology to enhance relationships with members to maximize the growth and market share of VyStar Credit Union. In the call center environment, the incumbent is expected to listen to members attentively, to determine their needs and to offer appropriate products and/or services to enhance the member experience. The incumbent in this position is accountable for offering products and services to deepen current relationships and improve the satisfaction and loyalty of credit union members. The incumbent is individually and collectively responsible for reaching department and corporate goals. The quality of the incumbent’s calls will be closely monitored via a call recording system to ensure members are receiving quality service. The incumbent will make independent decisions that benefit the member and VyStar. The incumbent must be able to quickly adapt to changes and handle any additional assignments for the daily operation of the Call Center. This position has opportunities for advancement and pay increase through the completion of the Member Service and Loan Training Programs. The incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in handling all types of calls in addition to completing required Computer Based Training courses before being certified or qualified to apply for Level II.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Call Center Member Service Specialist
- The incumbent’s primary duty is to provide quality member services to our members by performing transactions that are requested by members or answering their questions, which may be related to Internet Banking, Magic*Touch, their account history or member service, loan, VyStar Investment Services products and/or VyStar Real Estate Services. Member Service transactions include but are not limited to fund transfer, wire transfer, Internet Banking PIN reset, stop payments, opening checking accounts, money market accounts, Certificate of Deposit accounts or other savings accounts, etc. The incumbent is expected to acquire extensive product knowledge of deposit products along with operational function of those products.
- The incumbent is required to effectively offer loan related products such as GAP, IWS, Credit Life & Disability Insurance in addition to VyStar Investment Services, VyStar Real Estate Services, other Savings Accounts, Checking Accounts, Money Market Accounts, IRA accounts, CDs, etc. based on our members’ needs. The incumbent is also required to offer loan products, such as auto loans, credit cards, large luxury items and mortgage products, which may be referred to the more experienced Call Center Member Relationship Specialist team.
- The incumbent is expected to attain a firm knowledge of VyStar’s products and services in addition to policies and procedures to effectively offer products based on our members’ needs. The incumbent is expected to adhere to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors associated with VyStar Excellence. Thus, the incumbent must exhibit courteous and professional telephone etiquette in all member contacts while conducting effective fact finding to understand the member’s needs and issues, and making independent and appropriate decisions in resolving members’ problems as well as in offering appropriate products. The incumbent must maintain confidentiality and integrity of information related to all member accounts.
- The incumbent is also expected to attain proficiency in all available tools.
- The incumbent in this position is to attain knowledge of Regulation CC, Regulation D, Regulation B and Regulation Z, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Currency Transaction Report (CTR),etc.
- If the incumbent is trained for originating loans, the incumbent is expected to offer loans whenever appropriate based on members’ needs and properly document credit applications and to process them in a timely manner.
- The incumbent must provide the same professional and quality service to employees in other departments, other businesses and financial institutions based on the VyStar Excellence concept when working to resolve member problems.
- The incumbent is accountable for departmental standards for productivity, quality of service, and schedule adherence, unscheduled leave occurrences, and late log-ins.
- The incumbent must be familiarized with call recording technology in order to review calls rated by Quality Assurance representatives. Also, the incumbent is to learn how to review work schedules and to request vacation/sick leave request on line through the Workforce Management system as well as to be familiar with the e-Time system.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one year experience in a position of direct member/customer contact in financial institutions, especially in a call center environment, is preferred.
- The candidate for this position must have a personality that enjoys talking to members on the phone. Must possess excellent listening and comprehension skills with proper telephone etiquette. Having sales experience in the financial environment is preferred.
- Also, having prior exposure to the lending process, familiarity with analyzing credit reports and exposure to interest computation methods is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and telephone skills.
- Must have accurate data entry skills and be proficient in PC skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet access, etc.
- Must be able to communicate necessary information clearly.
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude.
- The candidate for this position may be tested for their effectiveness for providing excellent member service through the telephone, chat room and email during the hiring process.
- The minimum formal education required is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
- Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing client or member.
- Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate your care.
- Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions (70%/30% rule).
- Counsel Recommend solutions based on your member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance Ensure that member’s expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up actions.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all-encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.