Everyone is trying to “harness the power of the cloud,” but not everyone knows how. As a Cloud Architect, you know how to build a cloud-based technical architecture that meets customer needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. We need you to lead our team as we develop cloud-based solutions to some of the federal government’s toughest challenges.
As a Cloud Engineer on our team, you will translate the customer’s IT needs and future goals into a scalability plan. You’ll support their cloud strategy goals and lead development teams to a new cloud-based architecture, including ensuring they are cloud-ready. You’ll guide teams as they research the current environment and recommend tools and capabilities that are compatible with and available for the client’s cloud-based architecture. You’ll share expertise with your team through leadership and mentoring as they help the customer overcome their most difficult challenges in the cloud. You’ll identify new opportunities to build cloud-based solutions to help your customers meet their evolving needs. Your technical expertise will be vital as you work with internal development teams as well as clients to ensure standards are met throughout the cloud migration process. This is an opportunity to use the latest cloud technologies within a large-scale modernization solution as you look for ways to improve your customer’s environment using current Cloud capabilities. You’ll be able to sharpen your skills in cloud-based security and data governance while analyzing or refactoring critical systems. Join our team as we transform a large federal client with cloud technology.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with technical delivery in cloud solution architecture, cloud migration planning, cloud execution, data management, data warehousing, data quality, data governance, metadata management, data modeling, and structured and unstructured databases
- Experience in developing strategic plans for cloud solutions and working with senior clients
- Experience with developing, executing, and managing cloud migration strategies in federal agencies
- Experience with integrating cloud computing using IaaS, SaaS, or PaaS
- Ability to reason the pros and cons of various cloud tools and environments based on client environments
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- AWS or Microsoft Cloud Certification
- Knowledge of federal IT and cloud security policies, including FISMA and RMF, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, and DoD Cloud SRG and applying them to cloud security architectures
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.