The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for the global design and development of the end to end marketing strategy to support Liaison Technologies’ aggressive growth goals and to craft a compelling narrative on how Liaison presents itself to the world. This leader will be accountable for establishing brand awareness in the marketplace, from strategy to detailed implementation, to measurable success using established metrics such as Google Trends. In addition, the CMO will be responsible for hiring and building out a world class marketing team as well as coaching and developing internal talent with the goal to inspire and empower greatness across the team. The CMO will have responsibilities for leading the global marketing organization, partnering with internal stakeholders and engaging the external market - including key customers, the media and industry analysts.
Successful candidates will bring deep marketing expertise in brand strategy and execution, analyst / public relation engagement, demand generation, marketing analytics and results-orientation to the position. This high-energy individual will effectively develop and communicate actionable customer insights, create high-impact and innovative marketing programs, and align the marketing efforts to the overall strategic goals of the company.
Key Areas of Focus
- Brand & Editorial: Create a distinctive and fun brand which will differentiate Liaison from legacy providers. Define the visual identity, editorial voice & tone and train all customer facing teams to represent the brand and ensure consistency. Fuse the brand into the customer facing properties and within the product itself.
- Sales Enablement: Partner closely with sales leadership to identify and create world class enablement materials including first call decks, demo’s, competitive and objection handling. Train and certify sales teams and improve workflows.
- Product Synergy: Work closely with product on defining roadmaps, understanding competitive threats, understanding our users, and driving cross functional growth teams to improve core funnel conversions.
- Demand Generation: Create a scalable demand generation machine via paid advertising utilizing multiple channels and advanced targeting methods. Relentlessly optimize against CAC/Payback.
- Content Marketing: Develop a deep set of rich content that will engage, educate and entertain prospects and customers alike.
- Lifecycle Nurturing: Leverage the content repository to strategically nurture prospects and customers throughout their lifecycle through intelligent drip paths and across multiple channels.
- Operations: Build the tech stack foundation to precisely track core marketing metrics and understand program spend effectiveness through multi-channel attribution. Track core customer metrics including NPS and CSAT and report to the overall organization.
- PR: Build momentum and buzz by shaping and capitalizing on the Liaison vision. Target and develop key press relationships. Tell the world our story.
- Customer Stories: Bring to life the incredible transformational stories of our customers. Build relationships with existing customers, obtain sign-offs, secure interviews, and get the top logos.
- Field Marketing: Manage our events strategy across external and internal events. Deliver an incredible experience when prospects interact with our brand at physical events.
- Improve brand awareness and engage in the end to end ownership of Liaison’s positioning in the market place (brand identity, content strategy, SEO optimization, etc.).
- Develop and implement a high-impact marketing plan to increase top-and-bottom line performance of Liaison’s products and services, across all channels and global regions.
- Direct public relations effort, working with internal and external partners to identify and capitalize on opportunities for analyst / media coverage for the organization.
- Direct analyst relations efforts, working with internal product marketing team, to firmly establish the company’s products and solutions in key markets we serve.
- Build and execute ROI-driven marketing programs to drive sales and revenue growth.
- Direct ~ $5.5M in marketing budgets and strategic organizational spend.
- Implement best practices in marketing and pipeline development to fully leverage investments.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence.
- Develop, measure and report on key marketing metrics.
- Build and manage a high-performing marketing team, while coaching and developing team members for longer term organizational success.
- Ensure internal sales teams have the tools, training and incentives needed to sell effectively by working with our internal sales enablement team.
- Be a strong collaborator and partner with product management teams, business development teams, sales teams and other departments.
- Function as an executive leader and doer, providing leadership and insights, supporting strategic objectives, and being a hands-on member of the team.
- 15+ years of experience leading marketing and business development activity, ideally within the technology industry or in a professional services organization. Client orientation is critical.
- Extensive experience improving brand awareness on a global basis, from strategy to tactical execution.
- Proven success with analyst / public relations engagements.
- Significant experience managing others and driving / aligning teams to organizational strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to scale and improve programs, optimize efforts and drive program outcomes across multiple geographies.
- Well-honed ability to analyze problems and needs, evaluate alternatives and find solutions.
- Strong strategic planning capabilities with experience in developing and managing timelines, schedules, budgets and resources across functional areas.
- A strong track record of high-impact leadership with a focus on team-building, problem-solving and cross functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for building productive relationships with key stakeholders and leadership.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills, with the ability to deliver on return on marketing investment (ROMI) metrics
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages.
- MBA in Marketing and/or Computer Science is a plus.
- Proven ability to build, manage and collaborate with globally distributed teams.
- Experience managing end to end marketing efforts for a high-growth technology company.
- Strong external partner relationships to support marketing strategy / organizational goals.
- Experience operating in a lean environment and optimizing resources for the initiatives that drive the biggest organizational impact.
- Ability to excite and motivate teams toward a collective vision globally.
- Demonstrated acumen in B2B strategy execution.