The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) is a 9.5 month, live-in position responsible for the overall administration and operation of several residential units, overseeing approximately 300-400 residential students. Duties also include selection, training, supervision and evaluation of an RA staff and on campus programming responsibilities. This position serves an integral role within the Office of Student & Residence Life (OSRL) and is directly supervised by the Director of Residence Life and Student Conduct.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee residential administrative processes, including, opening/closing halls, health and safety inspections, room changes, census reports, work orders, and on-duty and crisis management responsibilities.
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate a staff of Resident Assistants.
- Assist with in-service planning and student leadership development initiatives.
- Plan, implement, and assess programming based on Ashland University’s student learning outcomes.
- Uphold all university policies and facilitate student conduct meetings in accordance with the Ashland University student code of conduct.
- Assist with housing lotteries and room assignments.
- Meet with students experiencing personal or academic challenges and facilitate connections with campus resources.
- Oversee communications from the Residence Life and Student Conduct emails.
- Other duties as assigned.