Seeking Social Work and Counseling students ONLY
Highly self-motivated, detailed-orientated, passion-driven undergraduate and graduate students need only to apply. We are seeking enrolled college students in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, or Human Resources to assist us in our #100 jobs campaign to help disabled, homeless, disenfranchised clients obtain employment. The purpose of the position is to be a part of the Intake and/or Job Application teams to complete daily tasks and assignments under the supervision of the task supervisor and field supervisor. This is a non-paid internship but has an opportunity for career advancement.
The internship will provide Social Work and Counseling interns the educational experience designed to assist them in applying the knowledge, skills, values, and ethics of the profession of Social Work, Human Services, and Recruitment in a field setting. Its purpose is to create an atmosphere in which the Social Work and Counseling students are free to explore and learn while focusing on skill development, time management, and practicing methods and models required to perform specific assignments. A self-starting extrovert with excellent communication skills, current Undergraduate and Graduate students need only to apply.
We have worked with students from schools in the following states: Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Our campaign strategy is to find the right interns that understand and respects our mission to advocate, support, and encourage our clients to meet their goals and obtain gainful employment.
Daily Responsibilities of various roles with Social Work:
- Answer and pre-screen incoming phone calls of all potential clients (RingCentral)
- Create IWP (Individual Work Plan) and maintain records and case notes of new and existing cases in the database (TheraNest)
- Schedule, set-up, and complete client orientations and/or one-on-one counseling sessions.
- Respond to email inquiries of program services (Outlook)
- Compile, record, and evaluate client data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Schedule, set-up, and complete job readiness training.
- Train clients on how to develop a resume and cover letter
- Provide mock interviews with feedback to help clients improve their interviewing skills.
- Call and answer incoming phone calls from clients seeking answers regarding program procedures, employee-partners, and job opportunities.
- Communicate company-wide using internal messaging and email systems (RingCentral Glip)
- Must commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week, or more to meet intern hours or practicum requirements.
- Require to undergo local and federal background checks
- Complete all tasks and assignments assigned by Task Supervisor, and HR
- Communicate and follow-up with Intake, Recruitment teams and HR regarding client's job readiness needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified candidates will have complete autonomy to execute our campaign's micro-goals. That means you have to be a problem solver, self-starter, can follow detail instructions, be computer and technology savvy. Ideal candidates are intelligent, detailed-oriented, organized, dedicated, and interested in our industry. Must have their own laptop and cell phone and can work in our office or remotely (occasionally).
How to Apply: (Only candidates that provides all 3 will be considered)
- Answer two (2) assessments sent via Indeed email.
- Must meet a minimum of (5) key job requirements identifiers (application questions).
- Provide a resume and cover letter that answers the question: "Why should I hire you to participate in our current campaign, and describe your drive and passion for this field?"
Job Type: Internship
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- human relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)