Only individuals with experience in transit design and/or construction are asked to apply. Design-build experience is preferred.
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means, we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to join our OAC team. The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting multiple Project Managers in the Construction Management Group (CM) by providing administrative support, contract administration, and budget/invoice management. This role requires strong interpersonal skills, active-problem solving, self-direction, a quality conscious mindset, and the ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced, team environment with tight deadlines. Must be willing to work through difficult situations and circumstances while keeping a professional disposition.
- Maintain accurate project files throughout the life of projects. Work with project managers to efficiently and accurately set-up their projects and track that all initial requirements are met. Attend project reviews as necessary.
- General administrative support including meeting arrangements and support, ordering catering, file management, tracking documents, technical editing and formatting of project documents, requests to assist with marketing support.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external clients regarding project inquiries or department procedures/requirement.
- Participate in development, maintenance and modification of CM business and administrative procedures.
- Request project specific Certificates of Insurance and distribute to Contractors and Owners as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute project closeout documents.
- Lifecycle management of contract from project set-up to archiving.
- Create contract files, log and track all engagement letters/contracts including contract drafting and contract change management.
- Prepare, organize, and /or coordinate files and information used in execution of client engagements.
- Issue and track master contracts.
- Prepare and issue task orders in accordance with client contract and coordinated project manager.
- Develop, modify and/or maintain all document and report templates.
- Process and track contracts change orders and other project documentation as required.
- Transit facility experience for owners such as Sound Transit, King County Metro, Pierce Transit, Port of Seattle, and Community Transit including work on maintenance and operations facilities, administrative support offices, parking garages, and other vertical construction types.
- Monitor actual vs. budget expenses per contract and communicate discrepancies accordingly.
- Review and confirm invoices for payment in accordance with client contract.
- Update budgets for client engagements.
- Assist with forecasting and project tracking.
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple levels of professional staff.
- Ability to listen and understand customer expectations, take directions and communicate effectively on a timely basis under pressure.
- An attitude and commitment of being an active participant of our employee-owned culture of cultivating love, generating energy, providing proof and inspiring audacity is a must.
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to work with different personalities and professional styles is essential.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Drive to various jobs sites/offices.
About the Firm:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; high proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Previous experience at a construction management firm a plus.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Experience with Bluebeam preferred.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private client’s multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC’s building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provides investigation, repair design and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best of the best in our industry. For the 2nd year in a row we made top 10 best workplace in Washington. In OAC was awarded No. 2 - Washington’s Best Companies to Work For 2017 – Seattle Business Magazine and No. 7 - Washington’s Best Workplaces 2017 – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with offices in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, and Silicon Valley and are looking for the right candidate to aid our development and expansion.
To learn more about OAC and the team please go to http://oacsvcs.com/who-we-are/oac-careers/.
OAC is an equal opportunity employer.