- Recent system design experience in large scale enterprise level environment.
- Experience deploying distributed, multi-tier applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working within or in tandem with software engineering teams.
- 3+ years of experience managing agile software projects.
- Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment that pivots frequently to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
- Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project & JIRA.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager, Director (TPM) within Audible’s Data and Corporate Systems Program. The Data and Corporate Systems Program is responsible for a wide breadth of systems and functionality for the whole of Audible. Examples range from our backend Content and Royalty platforms to our customer facing Personalization and CRM systems. We are also responsible to support our internal customers on systems such as Workday and Salesforce. Our teams design and build architectures for products and features that deliver Audible content to users on all of our surfaces including iOS, Android, Web, Alexa devices like Echo and more. Our technology allows us to unlock the power of our data to streamline workflows, gather insights from instrumentation, and improve our customer experiences with advanced recommendations and data science modeling. We need your help to manage and drive these complex systems in order to ensure we are scaling our systems to keep up with the demands of our customers
- Manage the delivery of large cross-functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible as well as Amazon.
- Interface and communicate with Software Engineering and QA teams, Product Managers and Customer support teams on a daily basis.
- Contribute to regularly cadenced operational planning, narratives, and goal setting.
- Play a key, hands-on role in defining the technical architecture of solutions for services.
- Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
- Understand cross functional dependencies and remove blockers for accelerate delivery.
- Consistently and transparently communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams.
- Compose effective written narratives and effectively present to executive decision makers.
- Build relationships with partner groups in Audible and Amazon and leverage those relationships to integrate your team's priorities within Amazon teams and understand how Amazon's projects impact our own work in this highly decentralized organization.
- Improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done
- Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
- Previous experience as a software engineer.
- Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
- Experience building mobile device software and/or applications for large customer bases.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.