Qualitel is a contract manufacturer of mission-critical electronics, specializing in a full range of high-mix, low-volume and high-reliability products and services. Qualitel manufactures electronics with complex Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Ball Grid Array and Fine Pitch Technology for the aerospace, medical and life sciences, industrial and military markets.
Qualitel was started in 1995 by its current President, Tuanhai Hoang and has become one of Washington State’s fastest growing companies in the new millennium. Located only 20 miles north of Seattle in Everett, Washington, Qualitel remains a private company with a reputation for products and services of the highest quality.
The company is known for its commitment to a “lean” culture which allows it to offer the shortest lead times and highest quality production available today. By placing a singular emphasis on flexibility and responsiveness, Qualitel is able to offer efficient execution of unique, difficult and complex projects.
Company success is further predicated on:
Data Analyst has overall responsibility for analyzing all costs and pricing at Qualitel with the purpose of finding cost reduction and variance opportunities. This will include:
- Costing and pricing analysis & variance reporting
- Analysis of actual, standard, and quoted costs for labor and materials.
- Analyze variances for sales orders, purchase orders, and work orders to quoted costs and standards
- Analyze expenses and COGS
- Providing managers and team with clear, understandable and useful reports and metrics
- Using data and relevant analysis, advises manager on improvement of profit margins, and cost of goods and services.
- Review, interpret, analyze and communicates important financial information to President and leadership team.
1) Experience with data/financial analysis, and specifically with product/job costing, variance analysis, profit margin analysis.
2) Using advance functions in Excel and Pivot Tables.
3) Experience with accessing complex data from SQL and Access databases and translating this understandable language for operating personnel.
4) Experience in a manufacturing environment, and preferably a component/assembly environment.
5) Experience with setting up and working with cost methods in ERP
6) Demonstrated ability to make operational and management decisions in response to changing conditions and emergencies.
7) Ability to effectively interface and team with all levels of an organization, and to maintain positive, constructive relationships with operating personnel.
8) Exceptional interpersonal communications skills, including strong verbal and writing ability; presentation skills; ability to listen “actively” and to calibrate communication style to all levels of the company for maximum effectiveness.
9) A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, supply chain or related.
1) Experience with “lean” and “continuous improvement” principles and practices.
2) Experience in a multi-line, multi-product manufacturing or electronic assembly company with complex costing challenges.
3) Experience with box-build and high level assemblies with many configurations and subassemblies.
Responsibilities and Duties
FIRST 3 to 6 MONTHS:
BETWEEN 6 to 12 MONTHS:
AFTER 12 MONTHS:
Job Type: Full-time