Residential Care for People Living with AIDS
Job Title: Program Director Status: Regular Salaried, Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director Direct Reports: Volunteer/Activities Coordinator and Social Worker/Case Managers
General Duties: Assumes responsibility for regulatory compliance and the combined effectiveness of all program operations including nursing and social work care, intake, meal service, safety and residence milieu. Essential Tasks: 1. Program Operations A. Maintains regular contact with Maitri residents and family members. Conducts house meetings at least monthly. B. Reviews and resolves grievances made by residents, friends and families, and direct report employees. C. Attends weekly case conferences to assure development and implementation of a comprehensive plan of care for all residents.
- Conducts bi-weekly Program meetings to strengthen team coordination. E. Reviews, assesses, and makes recommendations regarding program model and criteria for admission. F. Develops, implements, and monitors all policies and procedures relating to program operations, including health and safety. G. Coordinates with Volunteer/Activities Coordinator regarding volunteer training, assignment, and activities program. H. Implements and monitors regular and emergency communication plans. I. Develops and maintains published materials related to program operations to include admission documents.
- Supervisory Functions A. Develops and maintains current job descriptions for all direct reports. B. Provides performance feedback via periodic counseling, annual performance evaluations and, if necessary, formal disciplinary action. Mentors and encourages staff in training and development. C. Recruits and selects candidates for open positions. D. Provides budget input to the Executive Director, with team leadership input, monitors actual expenses versus budget, and informs the Executive Director of any variances.
- Program Quality/Regulatory Compliance A. Monitors and assures compliance with all Community Care Licensing, federal and state regulations pertaining to program operations. Identifies any deficiencies and develops and implements action plans to assure compliance. B. Develops, implements, and documents results of a quality assurance plan. C. Recommends and coordinates training beneficial to Maitri for clinical and direct care staff.
- Government Contracts
- Monitors government contract regulations
- Renews contracts as needed and helps to write annual reports
- Serves as primary contact for daily operations
- Assist case workers with monthly invoices for service/expense reimbursement.
- Manage relationships with payment agencies to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Liaison Functions A. Serves as the primary staff liaison to the Program Committee of the Board of Directors. Coordinates agenda with committee chair and presents monthly status report. B. Represents Maitri at agreed-upon community meetings.
6 . Social Work Supervision
- Supervises the Social Work Case Managers.
- Supervises the Social Worker capture of family/friend and resident surveys for evaluation purposes.
- Reviews and approves psychosocial care plans and Social Work admissions checklist and assures that objectives are appropriate and are met in a timely fashion.
- In the absence of the Social Worker, provides support to RN.
- Meets with Social Workers regularly to review resident care plans, discuss milieu issues, and provide peer consultation.
- Monthly staff support for regularly scheduled LVNs and CNAs.
- Intake and Admissions Coordination
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with potential referral sources.
- Conducts initial screening of potential residents’ medical & psychosocial needs for appropriate entry criteria.
- Forwards initially-screened potential resident applications, contact information and initial assessments to RN for follow-up when he/she conducts medical assessments.
- Collaborates with RN to maintain frequent communication with potential resident(s) regarding status of application.
- Coordinates all activities related to admissions, including admission agreements, chart face sheet, rent calculations, room preparation, facility orientation, and collaborate with RN on appropriate care plan.
- Supervises census database and the entry into SFDPH “ARIES” data to run monthly reports.
- Ensures census requirements of contracts are met.
- Communicates psychosocial assessment information to Social Worker and other team members.
Other Tasks: 1. Supports the Development Department with requested consultation and information regarding program operations. 2. Participates in agency task force meetings. 3. Completes special projects as assigned.
This job requires you to use your personal cell phone for your work at Maitri and you will be reimbursed monthly the amount stated in Maitri’s Personnel Policies for this usage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Program Management: 3 years