Job Description Summary WD USA:
The Associate Engineer will work as a junior member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. In this role the Associate Engineer will work under the supervision of Technical Team lead or Senior Engineer. As a member of the team, Associate Engineer will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Create working software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer
- Fix defects in the home grown applications or third party software according to written and oral specifications
- Create scripts to create and modify database objects
- Work on deliverables with inputs and guidance from Development Manager or senior developers
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews
- Understand business processes and develop test scenario in accordance with system requirements and business process changes; create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health
- Work with the supervisor to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization
Technical Skills & Desired Proficiencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming; familiarity and fluency in OO programming languages (preferably Java)
- Solid understanding in basic concepts of data organization; familiarity with RDBMS is a plus
- Solid understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, AGILE, SCRUM, etc.
- Good knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required
- Must be aware of most prevalent and trusted technical discussion boards, portals and knowledge sharing internet sites for help with technical challenges
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development
- Ability to think logically and structurally, and have attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and strong communication skills, both written (with emphasis on technical documentation) and verbal
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high performing and self-governing teams
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Java or other OO programming language – Novice
- JSP/JSF – Novice
- SQL – Novice
- UML – Fundamental Awareness
- Eclipse IDE – Novice
- Junit – Fundamental Awareness
- SVN – Fundamental Awareness
- Build Automation Scripts using ANT – Fundamental Awareness
- Maven & Gradle – Fundamental Awareness
- Hands-on programming knowledge of PL/SQL
- Experience with any SQL Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, or PL/SQL Developer
Â Job Summary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oracle Certified Associate or Java SE Programmer preferred
- Advance the design, development, and implementation of software application and business systems efforts and coordinats deliverables on project groups.
- Design systems and programs to meet complex business needs, MAXIMUS and project standards and technical specifications.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document moderately complex software programs.
- Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
- Design systems and programs to meet complex business needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
- Ensure that programs meet standards and technical specifications and perform technical analysis and component delivery.
- Analyze and gather information from existing systems.
- Explore new technologies and design approaches to address business requirements while supporting the assessment of time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Design programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Work with the R&D and Solutions team to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility.
- Present technical assessments and solution design for complex programming for guidance and approval by Sr. Architects.
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
Project/Position Introduction (MAX 500 Characters):
- Requires Bachelor's degree related to the assigned work with little to no experience in discipline.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relations internally.
- Entry level position within field.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.