Help design, develop and deploy new advances in technologies including game-based simulation, intelligent agents, and machine learning. Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a scientist/engineer with a expertise in game-based simulation, intelligent virtual agents, and machine learning approaches to behavior development. The ideal candidate will join our team of talented scientists and engineers and be at the forefront of creating new and exciting technologies that will advance the art of simulation and intelligent agents.
What you will do
- Work with a small team on cutting-edge research and development projects
- Design and develop prototype software using the latest open-source technologies
- Receive and incorporate feedback from end users, field tests, and exercises
- Explore technical possibilities collaboratively with motivated, world class colleagues
- Deliver practical solutions to complex problems
What you need
- Bachelors in Computer Science and 2+ years of direct experience or M.S. in Computer Science
- Strong programming skills and experience with Java, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with game engines, including Unreal and Unity
- Experience with game design/development practices, especially serious games for simulation, training and experimentation
- Experience with developing intelligent virtual characters
- Passion for software engineering practices
- Creative problem solving and ability to build rapid prototypes
- Excellent communication skills
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
- U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and analytic tools (e.g., Tensorflow, Torch, PyTorch)
- Experience with graphics programming (DirectX, OpenGL)
- 3D animation experience/skills (e.g., 3D Studio Max, Maya, Creator, Blender)
- Experience with GPU programming
- Experience developing/delivering military simulation and training
- Experience with networking
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. BBN values work/life balance (as evidence by a normal 40 hour work week), a comfortable work environment (as evidence by offices that have doors and windows and your choice of computer, OS and tools), and a pursuit of research (as evidence by our staffed research library, encouraging publications, and paying people to attend conferences). We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligent Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in artificial intelligence, cyber security, autonomous systems, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenging problems across a variety of application domains.
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts. 147132
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.