Thank you for applying for the position at Our Lady of Wisdom
University Parish. Our mission is to make the wisdom of Christ known
at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas. In carrying out our
mission we work to create a campus ministry environment through our
Cultural Virtues. (See Below). Please review these virtues in the
consideration of a position with our campus ministry team.
Saintliness - Striving for holiness by doing all things with great love.
"All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it." - 1 Cor 9:23
Passion for our Mission- You take responsibility for our mission and seek
opportunities to make known the wisdom of Christ at Texas State.
"I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing!" - Luke 12:49
Authenticity- Being genuine and humble in our interactions with one
"Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one."
Professionalism - Excellence and respect in every encounter.
"[Show] yourself as a model of good deeds in every respect, with integrity in your
teaching, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be criticized, so that the opponent will be
put to shame without anything bad to say about us." - Titus 2:7-8
Attentiveness- Looking for the Lord in the work we do and the people we
"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me." - John 10:27
Rev. Craig DeYoung
OUR LADY OF WISDOM UNIVERSITY PARISH - SAN MARCOS, TEXAS
CAMPUS MINISTER & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Full Time, Exempt
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the Parish (Our Lady of Wisdom
University Parish) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ's mission present and
enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen
collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts
various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at Our Lady of Wisdom University Parish help to extend the ministry of the
Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this
position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and
thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
The Campus Minister/Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing pastoral care to
students and encouraging spiritual and moral growth; planning and directing faith-based
programs and activities; and promoting Catholic mission and identity. The position reports to the
Pastor and operates with some latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- As an integral part of your ministry for the Church as carried out in this position, support
and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of Our Lady of Wisdom
University Parish in both your professional and personal life.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions,
and reflection activities as directed.
- Foster and promote evangelization of college students by developing relationships with
students, proclaiming and sharing the message of the Gospel, modeling a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ and assisting students in fostering their own personal
relationship with Jesus Christ, helping to form students in their faith and equipping them to
be leaders in the Church.
- Collaborate with the FOCUS Missionary Team in their campus outreach, bible studies, mission
trips, conferences and retreats.
- Promote and encourage student participation and service in the Sacrifice of the Holy Mass
and to act as a role model to students by regular participation in Daily Mass.
- Listen to and guide students on spiritual, moral, and personal issues.
- Supervise the Ambassadors peer ministry team by: forming the officers as leaders; assisting
with planning meetings, events, and fund raisers; providing guidance to encourage and build
up students to achieve the mission and goals of the Ambassadors.
- Facilitate a sense of community among the varied groups at Our Lady of Wisdom University
Parish, including Catholic campus ministry, Texas State University faculty, staff, and students,
and other members of and visitors to the parish.
- Manage social media communication, website, and promotion of events with parish and
student community through social networking platforms.
Campus Minister & Communications Coordinator 20180824
- Coordinate, manage, and lead events, retreats, and activities such as: new semester
welcome events, student leadership retreats, Bobcat Awakening, speaker series.
- Represent Our Lady of Wisdom University Parish on the Ministerial Alliance team.
- Provide written reports on program activities to the pastor.
- Supervise staff using effective supervision techniques to maximize employee motivation and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of campus ministry.
- Knowledge of Texas State and the San Marcos community.
- Knowledge of Catholic Teaching.
- Knowledge of student development.
- Knowledge of popular social media.
- Knowledge of Focus (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) and the Focus model.
- Knowledge of service activities in the local area.
- Skill in job-appropriate technology, including use of word-processing, spreadsheet, and other
applications, as well as social media platforms and websites.
- Skill in organizing and attention to detail.
- Skill in supervising retreats and other events.
- Skill in forming leaders for the Church.
- Ability to create, manage content of, monitor, and moderate social media platforms and
Minimum Qualifications:Education and Trainings:
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all segments of the community.
- Ability to approach interactions with others pastorally.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a
- Two (2) years of wage-earning campus ministry experience.
- One (1) year of wage-earning student development experience.
- English (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM)
policies throughout the employment period.
Mental / Physical Tasks:Working Conditions:
- All employees of the Parish are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the Pastor in the
exercise of his ministry and obligations to the church.
- The Parish is an at-will employer.
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the Parish are tobacco free.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be required.
- Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech, including Roman Catholic
Christian prayer and liturgical celebrations.
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and conduct standards.
- May be required to use personal or parish vehicle to drive to off-site locations.
- Traveling within and outside the parish to meetings and other events may be required, and
travel may require overnight lodging.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.