As part of NBCUniversal, Universal Studios Hollywood is the undisputed Entertainment Capital of L.A. with our movie-based theme park, Studio Tour and Universal CityWalk. Our world-class experiences include The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, the award-winning King Kong 360 - 3D attraction and Fast & Furious – Supercharged which are of our famous Studio Tour, The Simpsons Ride™, Revenge of the Mummy℠ - The Ride, Jurassic Park® - The Ride, Transformers™: The Ride – 3D and an all-new-year-round attraction “The Walking Dead” which allows you to enter the post-apocalyptic works of the award winning AMC television show. Adjacent to the theme park is Universal CityWalk, an iconic open-air leisure and dining complex providing an array of shopping, dining, and entertainment options as well as the newly renovated Universal Cinemas and 5 Towers state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue.
We are currently hiring for theme park interns! Candidates interested in any type of internship at the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park should apply through this job posting. Our specific intern projects are different each semester. Internships may be available in some of the departments listed below. Internships will not be available in all departments during the Spring 2019 semester.
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Marketing & Sales
- Creative Project Management
- Entertainment Operations
- Information Technology
- Food, Retail, or Theme Park Operations
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Business and Legal Affairs
- In pursuit of a Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress. Recent graduates will NOT be considered.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Must be able to work on-site a minimum of 2 full business days per week
- Completion of at least one previous internship or other relevant experience in your desired field or a related field
- Previous work experience in an office environment
- Strong interest in working in a theme park business
- Able to work independently and move a project forward to completion
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate
Sub-BusinessUSH Human Resources
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.