Responsible for evaluating/assessing needs of referred clients and formulating treatment plans in a home care environment. Provides therapy services defined in treatment plans. Work cooperatively with physicians, case managers, and Registered nurses.Administers complex active and passive therapeutic exercise, therapeutic massage and various modalities. Instructs, motivates and assists clients/ caregivers in learning and improving activities of daily living. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of practice. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upon receipt of the Physician’s orders, interprets and implements those services and programs related to Physical Therapy. Ensures these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
- Provides skilled rehabilitative services to TCC clients in their homes.
- Assesses client needs by obtaining history and examining functional status of musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, integumentary, and neuromuscular systems.
- Assesses client’s family and community support systems and identifies measurable outcomes for client.
- Collaborates with referring physician, registered nurse (if applicable), client, and family to develop comprehensive plan of care.
- Communicates effectively with clients, families, physicians, team members, supervisor, Director of Clinical Services, and others involved in service delivery.
- Report changes in client’s condition and other findings to appropriate staff members and other health care professionals.
- Administers therapeutic modalities; performs mobilization/manipulation techniques; and prescribes, fabricates, and/or applies assistive and adaptive devices.
- Demonstrates therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible person who may assist the patient with physical therapy rehabilitation program.
- Observes and evaluates the performance of those assisting in the physical therapy program and provides guidance as necessary.
- Educates the client and family about achieving and maintaining optimal function.
- Encourages independence by instructing client and family in therapeutic needs and functional training and provides instruction on exercise and other self-care programs.
- Provides information on preventive practices and relevant community resources.
- Re-evaluates the patient’s progress and therapy program making changes as necessary and under the physician’s direction.
- Updates plan of care as determined by the client’s progress.
- Actively participates in mandatory case conferences and relevant in-service training programs.
- Completes required documentation accurately, promptly, legibly, and in compliance with established clinical practice, state regulations, and agency policy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission and Vision statements of TCC.
- Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity, and honesty.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company.
- Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
- Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient’s healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
- Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
- Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by the supervisor.
- Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, and other meetings as requested.
- Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost-effective manner
- Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Observe infection control and standard precautions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current knowledge or regulatory requirements, ability to keep abreast of changes, reimbursement methods.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines to ensure the delivery of high-quality home care services and attend to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems, deal with multiple variables when treating a client in the home environment and communicate effectively with clients, family members, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to take direction form case manager and supervisors.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license/registration by the state of VA as a Physical Therapist.
- At least 1-year minimum experience in Physical Therapy.
- Prior home care experience preferred.
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bed-bound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities.
- Must be able to travel.
- Exposure to unkempt home environment and allergens.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and tissues.
Indeed Hire and are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Physical Therapist: 1 year (Required)
- Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Required)
- Current Physical Therapist by the state of VA (Required)