Incumbents apply in-depth knowledge in a specific area of specialization. Work is performed within established professional standards and practices. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors and a considerable degree of judgement. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may have a negative impact on the division’s/department’s operations, schedules, and/or performance goals. Works under minimum Supervision. Seeks approval from others on matters outside of job/role scope. Receives instruction on specific assignment objectives and possible solutions. Unusual problems are solved jointly with manager. Work is reviewed for application of sound technical judgment. May lead a work group or project team consisting of technical and support staff. Builds internal and external relationships, with emphasis on those that facilitate the achievement of job/role accountabilities, such as relationships with key suppliers, customers and internal service.
Perform tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
Designs, lays out, and implements new manufacturing and test processes to support customer products. Develops and implements continuous flow concepts and/or Theory of Constraints methodology to drive drown product cycle time. Defines process problems that lead to throughput or quality issues, evaluates cause of problem, implements solutions to stabilize processes, evaluates results. Develops test/assembly processes, associated fixtures and specialized tools. Automates where ever possible. Develops and executes assembly/test strategy for new products including design for manufacture and test (DFT) analysis and feedback.
- Engineering Foundation Competencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the design process for systems and printed circuit boards, subassemblies, or other related company products.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment used for systems and printed circuit boards and subassemblies.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and quality standards and SPC methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of materials and components used in the construction of systems and printed circuit boards and subassemblies.
- In-depth knowledge of material science, robotics, machine programming.
- In-depth knowledge of product pricing, contracts and contract negotiations.
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical process control methods and techniques.
- Ability to design tests, evaluate results and recommend solutions to improve the processes associated with SMT and/or Optical Engineering.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Strong knowledge of IT platforms, database design and programming languages appropriate to area.
- Strong knowledge of some or all of the following: UNIX, NT, database management system.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyze data and determine root cause of problems.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and coordinate multiple, changing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Prior System Test Engineering professional with direct experience in creating and reviewing system functional, performance, and operationally relevant test programs for internal and external customers. Prior responsibility for developing, conducting, and documenting test plans and test procedures, witnessing tests, documenting test problems, and writing final test reports.
- Previous System Test Engineering experience including development, sustaining engineering, and mentoring of junior test engineers and debug technicians in support of testing of aerospace electronic, eletro-mechanical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and sub-systems.
- Ability to provide systems engineering technical expertise in defining and developing new system test programs with architectural and operational concept trade-offs to define mission, organizational, physical, functional, signal, hardware/software, and operational interfaces and interactions.
- Strong capacity to interpret/analyze customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support appropriate test programs and associated hardware as well as competence in implementing, executing, and sustaining system testing during engineering development, qualification, certification, production, as well as field unit returns.
- Proficiency in maintaining and/or managing test equipment maintenance, fixture repairs, and fixture maintenance in order to extend system life and ensure optimum test performance.
- Development experience/expertise for all technical issues related to the customer’s product(s) ranging from product conception to product obsolescence and the ability to provide the necessary engineering support and coordination of prototype manufacturing to ensure that new assemblies are completed on time and on budget.
- Duties of the position are performed in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required
- Three to six years’ relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Educational requirements may vary by geography
Notes: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job. Job duties for any function are subject to change at any time.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.