- As a Benefit Verification and Authorization Team Lead, you will support the Eden Prairie Center of Excellence by leading patient insurance authorizations and ensuring we have all documentation required for insurance verification.
We're seeking a dynamic leader with superb communication, both written and verbal with excellent time management skills that will mentor and lead a team of up to 10 Benefit Verification and Authorization Specialists.
- Investigates type and level of insurance coverage to assess patient eligibility for the program. Ensures authorizations obtained per payer requirements.
- Communicates with medical professionals and insurance company personnel to expedite patient eligible into program.
- Resolve any escalated issues with patient accounts, sales force and management team.
- Completes data entry in HCN to ensure accuracy of reporting and outcomes.
- Investigates data entry issues to ensure accurate reporting and billing.
- Monitors computerized reports to avoid delays in customer billing information.
- Assigns, directs work, and coaches staff. Schedules and organizes work assignments.
- Provides input on selection, performance appraisals, promotion, merit increases, and employee discipline.
- Assists less experienced staff and provides training for new employees.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum three to five years of related experience.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft business software.
- Home infusion or durable medical equipment (DME) experience.
- Experience work in a healthcare environment.
- Experience working with healthcare insurance verification or obtaining medical authorizations.
- Previous experience in a Team Lead role
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.