Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to lead our Corporate Onboarding Program and shape the new hire experience. In this high impact role, you will work closely with the HR and Talent Development teams, as well as department executives to evaluate, design, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of the onboarding process and tools. You can directly shape and improve the new hire experience at a rapidly growing technology company.
We are looking to add someone to our team who can lead a variety of initiatives and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. This could include enhancing the 90 onboarding plan, refreshing new hire welcome sites, improving the day 1 new hire experience, improving and streamlining our processes, or any new idea that you may propose. The ideal candidate would bring experience in any of the following areas: human capital consulting, or HR or business strategy role.
This role is located at Appian HQ which is at Reston Town Center right now but will be moving to Tysons Corner, VA in 2019.
How You'll Contribute:
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure a smooth transition from candidate to new hire.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager and other leaders across the organization, make strategic decisions to improve Appian's onboarding programs.
- Oversee process improvement and serve as the product owner for Appian's onboarding application, including gathering stakeholder requirements, working with the Appian Business Applications team and developing training & documentation to support the app.
- Work with HR Manager and HR Business Partners to establish onboarding processes for new country expansions. Additionally, ensure new hire processes and paperwork follow all global compliance policies and procedures while accurately submitting new hire information to payroll.
- Analyze new hire survey results, provide recommendations and feedback to applicable stakeholders (success measures; identify trends and inform program enhancements).
- Manage Appian's new hire Ambassador program.
- Purchase, maintain, and track new hire gifts while remaining within the designated budget.
Process & Systems
- Work in conjunction with Appian's compliance and legal teams to review and clear new hire background checks.
- Manage configurations and setups with Appian software and any other relevant systems for a successful onboarding platform.
- Review, monitor and confirm new hire dates for annual onboarding schedules to help manage pipeline (class size, moving or cancelling dates, etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, and updating employment contracts globally.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the HR Manager.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Project and program management – ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills –with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Process improvement and systems thinking – a track record of utilizing continuous improvement methodology as a business practice.
- Effective Communication – ability to present ideas effectively, represent the best interests of all stakeholders, guide discussions, shift thinking, enable stakeholders to express concerns and goals, and propose best path forward
- Change management – demonstrated know-how in identifying stakeholder needs and impacts and translating this understanding into effective and compelling change strategies.
Initiative to work independently and within a dynamic team environment.
- 3 years project management experience in the areas of HR, talent development, or human capital consulting
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent required; preferred field of study in Human Resources/Talent