Digital Management, LLC (DMI) is looking for a full time Business Analyst
to support a government client. The Business Analyst will be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team focused on ensuring quality, compliance, and performance of the mobile application. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for requirements and acting as a liaison between our customers' users, and Agile Development teams. Familiar with a range of digital/web services and solutions, ideally where cloud technologies and agile development methodologies are applied
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to quickly assimilate into the client's operational environment, gain understanding of the stakeholders' business needs and translate into discrete, testable, and measurable system requirements
- Ability to create and manage product roadmap through the lifecycle of the project
- Experience gathering requirements for cross platform mobile applications - iOS, Android and Windows, and familiarity with Xamarin framework and Responsive Web Sites standards
- Experience supporting Globally Distributed development teams
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical user stories to facilitate efficient development
- Ability to understand technical options and limitations while designing applications
- Ability to rationalize and simplify complex information to make it understandable for others to work
- Analyze business user needs to determine business, functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Ability to plan and lead business analyst conversations with the client, with stakeholders, provide briefings to clients, and produce high quality requirements artifacts
- Ability to author core requirements artifacts including user stories, acceptance criteria, functional analysis documents, software requirements documentation, and user guides
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications for technical teams
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the project life-cycle
- Ability to create project, requirements status reports and briefings for stakeholders
Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Accessibility Requirements
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience in a technical or business discipline
- 4-6 yrs. of experience in the following areas:
- Developing functional requirements,
- Conducting business information analysis
- Demonstrated problem solving for complex business systems or environments
- An eye for detail, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent to work in most phases of business analysis and project life-cycle
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Training (CSPO) and other Product/Business Analysis certifications desirable
- Experience with requirements management tools such as:
- Virtual Studio Team Services (VSTS), JIRA, Version One
- MS Visio
Min. Citizenship Status Required :
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must be eligible to work in the US
Permanent Resident (US/GC/EAD)
No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.