Storms Forge in Springfield, MA is seeking a Controller to oversee the day-to-day financial accounting of the business and to maintain robust financial controls over the financial systems. Preparation of timely financial reports for the Site and Group, as well as preparation of management accounting analysis to support business decisions is essential.
Financial Accounting and Financial Management
- Responsible for the production of management and statutory accounts for the site.
- Ensuring accounts are correctly stated and reported on a timely basis.
- Produce reconciled trial balance and account analyses monthly.
- Management of the AP/AR ledgers and nominal ledger to include payroll postings and authorization.
- Cash management for the site.
- Management of weekly KPI’s.
- Responsible for annual stock count and fixed asset inventories.
- Ensure integrity of reported results in accordance with DAPP and IFRS.
- Maintain robust financial controls.
- Manage a system of weekly dashboards which tracks delivery of monthly forecasts, improves forecasting accuracy and ensures “no surprises.” Put in place measures to estimate impact on noted issues.
- Preparation of the current month forecast, three months forecast and annual budget, while managing expectations.
- Understand the business drivers through trend analysis and engaging with operations and other business partners to identify root causes and countermeasures.
- Manage the development and update of standard costs.
- Improve the quality of management information and pursue lean principles.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests.
- Manage working capital and ensure targets are achieved.
- Management of Hyperion input and monthly control report.
Business Partner to US Storms Forge Management Team
- Provide business analysis and financial information on a timely basis.
- Monitor business performance and provide understanding behind the numbers to drive performance improvement.
- Support the site GM & Divisional Finance Director in the conduct of their duties.
- Challenge working practices and processes to drive improvement between the finance department and operations.
- Maintain working relationships with the company’s stakeholders and external parties including the internal and external audit teams.
- Validation of costing systems and new business quotations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to report and explain financial results to site non-financial managers and Divisional Finance Director
- Strong technology skills, especially in the use of ERP systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage people, including coaching and mentoring, motivating individuals and teams and providing direction
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Hyperion / Syspro
- Master’s degree in accounting or MBA
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 1 year
- Accounting: 3 years