- Basic Computer Skills
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To manage corporate accounting including Cash Management, General Ledger, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cost Accounting and Fixed Assets. Due to the size of the company the Financial Controller is also responsible for what are generally considered Human Resources duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Responsible for all aspects of Corporate General Ledger and monthly closing.
- Assists in establishing corporate monthly closing schedule and coordinates with various departments and subsidiaries to ensure compliance with schedule.
- Maintains general ledger, reviews all input from Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable and oversees the preparation of all journal entries.
- Prepares monthly financial statements to include comparison against prior year and budgets. Researches and analyzes variances.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting package to provide more specific operational information with heavy emphasis on cost accounting and cost control information.
- Assures compliance with GAAP and IFRS regulations.
- Establishes cash management process and maintains minimum favorable bank balance. Ensures compliance with check signing policies. Signs checks as needed.
- Prepares the consolidation of the U.S. and Canadian financials. Establishes policies, processes and timeline for international reporting.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual financial plan and department budgets.
- Oversees preparation of payroll and ensures compliance with all applicable state payroll requirements. Ensures that all payroll taxes are deposited and reported properly.
- Reviews and audits all supporting documentation for check runs prior to checks being signed.
- Assists in the development of the appropriate costing for inventory. Ensures ongoing and accurate reporting of monthly costing results and variances.
- Ensures accurate inventory valuation and inventory security.
- Consolidates financial results from all subsidiaries and ensures uniform reporting and proper financial controls.
- Provides supervision to appropriate Accounting staff.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment by identifying all safety hazards and recommending corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible for utilizing proper lifting and material movement techniques at all times.
- Adheres to Company Strategic Goals and Corporate Values.
- Prepares, maintains and retrieves personnel documents, files and records. Processes departmental forms, records and documents.
- Responsible for coordinating performance reviews including sending out job descriptions for updates, sending out due dates for reviews and following up with reviews if dates are missed.
- Ensures all positions have a signed job description on file.
- Enters all personnel info including EEO codes, I-9, Change of Status and benefits information into our systems.
- Responsible for using sound, professional judgment when dealing with sensitive issues and must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation, including benefit communication, enrollment and training. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed and verifies I-9 information.
- Administers health and life insurance; communicates all benefit programs to new employees.
- Works with Insurance Brokers to develop and coordinate information for open enrollment meetings. Ensures insurance communication pieces are received and distributed to employees.
Performs all other related job duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Works under the direction of their Supervisor. Provides support and information to the Executive Team.
Supervises all Accounting support personnel.
Internal: Executive Team
All Department Managers/Supervisors
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must have proven supervisory and leadership abilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A. degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- CPA preferred.
- Additional post graduate work a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Knowledge of Chinese a plus.
- Able to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Ability to review accounting information and reports for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Able to assist the company in preparing a budget which supports strategic goals and decisions.
- Resourceful problem resolution abilities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to prepare advance level analysis through use of computer spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience in a cost accounting and cost standards/variance analysis environment.
- Experience in making presentations to senior management.
- Computer literate in a Windows Environment; Excel, Word.
- Prior experience with Microsoft NAV 2013 a plus.
- Flexibility to change gears with little notice.
- Legible handwriting.
- Detail oriented.
- Superior leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Analytical abilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Must be self motivated with ability to use own initiative.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: PERCENTAGE OF TIME:
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
5 % daily
Able to sit at desk and use/view computer for prolonged periods of time, up to 8 hours daily.
90 % daily
Ability to walk throughout company and DC in order to resolve problems or develop procedures with all departments.
5 % daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
- Relaxed, yet professional office environment.
- Hectic and fast paced at times.
- Ability to travel to foreign locations in order to assist in accounting procedures and policy development.
- Able to work extended hours as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Basic Computer Skills: 5 years (Required)
- GAAP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Windows: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)