This position is responsible for the general support and maintenance of the yard with tasks such as tool inventory, maintenance of heavy equipment and trucks, and logistics and coordination of material deliveries at the branch.
- High attention to detail to check equipment in or out as needed to promote a safe working environment.
- Perform daily inspections, verify that equipment is in good mechanical and safe operating condition upon being checked in/out, and reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Responsible for red tagging equipment and tools that need repair.
- Assist drivers and mechanics with loading/unloading and preparing materials for jobs as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and verifying stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
- Operate small equipment and machinery as needed, such as a forklift, telehandler, skid steer, and/or loader to move materials, load and unload trucks, and use of basic hand tools.
- Maintain inventory, organization of yard, the materials & equipment, and assist with day-to-day operations.
- Regular cleaning and general labor duties of Branch Yard, Office, and Shop may include sweeping, shoveling, and overall cleanup-up of any area, and/or equipment.
- Pick up parts from local vendors, and/or deliver parts to job sites when needed.
- Assist other employees when needed and willing to cross-train in other positions.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate using the English language.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts and any weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime based on company or customer needs.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely without constant supervision.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in general labor.
- Experience in construction, mechanical, and/or manufacturing setting preferred.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Sims Crane & Equipment maintains a firm commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees and quality services to its clients. Sims Crane & Equipment is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass a post-offer / pre-placement drug screen. Must also submit to a post-offer / pre-employment background report & motor vehicle check.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting objects up to 75 pounds at times.
- May occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme noise, and physical harm in areas requiring hard hats, safety glasses, and steel-toed safety shoes.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The starting salary for this position will be established commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
- A comprehensive benefits package includes:
- o Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- o Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- o Paid Time Off
- o Life Insurance Benefits
- o Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- o Cancer Plan Benefits
- o Employee Assistance Program
Sims Crane & Equipment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlanta, GA 30318: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person