Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer in Stuttgart, Germany.
Candidates should have significant work experience involving technical consulting, systems development, systems deployment and a demonstrable record of delivering business value. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping customer business problems to integrated systems consisting of people, processes, and products.
- Perform systems/platforms engineering functions for the Windows Server 2012/2016 platform including: conceptualization, design, standardization, implementation, optimization, and reporting.
- Deep understanding of Active Directory Domain services and DNS, and familiarity with ADFS, ADLDS, ADRMS, and ADCS.
- Assess evolving customer needs, translate those needs into platforms solutions through installation and configuration of hardware and software acquisitions
- Integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) or Government off the Shelf (GOTS) products into the Africa Command domain/infrastructure
- Serve as a resource on IT engineering projects to provide quality solutions and meet deadlines
- Contribute to development and implementation of automation (DevOps) utilizing tools such as Red Hat Ansible, Microsoft System Center Orchestrator, and Microsoft PowerShell
- Monitor production systems and participate in on-call rotation requirements
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Evaluate and test Microsoft and third-party technologies for business suitability
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex end user computing problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques
- Manage customer and stakeholder needs, generate and develop requirements, and performs functional analysis.
- BS or equivalent + 8 yrs. related experience, or MS + 5 yrs. related experience
- Must possess one of the following certifications IAW DoD 8570.01 IAT II (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC or SSCP) or higher – CASP (Preferred)
- Active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/Expert (MCSA/MCSE) for Windows Server 2012, 2016, or Cloud Platform & Infrastructure
- DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II or III (Required)
- Hands on experience planning, designing, implementing and optimization of Windows Server
- Experience working with complex database driven systems, Active Directory principles, Web-based systems, and security integration
- In-depth understanding of data flows, application protocols, and access control
- Experience identifying, categorizing, and selecting security controls during the system development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to shape communications depending on the audience
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Systems Center suite of products
- Experience planning, deploying and maintaining configuration
- Proven experience with DoD security hardening procedures (STIGs) and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with DISA Ports and Protocol Service Management (PPSM) and Category Assurance List (CAL)
- Familiarity with Joint Information Environment (JIE) Architecture
- Familiarity with PMP and agile project management methodologies
- Familiarity with IT service management (ITSM) frameworks (ISO/IEC 2000, ITIL, or MOF)
- Understanding of traffic isolation/flow management for security and application delivery
- Experience with managing endpoint PKI certificates and related configurations
- Familiarity with web application design and delivery, to include reverse proxies, PKI certificates, Microsoft IIS, web application firewall, and application delivery controllers
- Experience with FIPS 140-2 compliance
- Must have a current DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- On Call Status may be required
- May be required to sign for equipment
- Must meet TESA requirements
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.