Do you want to work in a cool, young, predominantly female-driven beauty company?
Do you have a strong passion for sales?
Do you consider yourself a self-starter who is eager to hit the ground running?
If this sounds like you, here's the job for you!
The Territory Brand Coordinator is a field sales position fully supporting the execution and strategies for the US Professional and Retail Sales Channels as set forth by the company. The primary goal of the position is to achieve company revenue and expense targets within the assigned territory. This position will cover the Northwest region.
This position is directly responsible for:
Key Duties including, but not limited to:
- Driving brand recognition and loyalty, and ultimately growing sales within a defined territory through both new business development and existing business growth strategies.
- Achieving required productivity & KPI goals set by company including monthly/quarterly/annual sales targets.
- Relationship management and sell-through for territory distributor and retail accounts.
- Oversee or Assist in the recruitment of territory field positions with direct responsibility for the training, development and management of direct team.
- Manages all territory field activity including the development/mentoring, communication with and management of territory field positions.
- Maintains ongoing monitoring, coaching, training, and motivating of professional and retail sales personnel. Ensures that each salon/store/consultant is trained frequently and reinforces that training with follow-up selling techniques, demonstrations, and product information.
- Builds productive call cycles including regular visits with key territory salon/store accounts and new business opportunities. Establishes a comprehensive, ongoing 90-day schedule which applies a top-down approach to ensure the greatest return on investment.
- Represents company at regional and/or national conferences, events and sales/planning meetings as needed.
- Effectively executes sales strategies, promotional activities, and marketing plans by territory and per client, with all field activity focusing on sales results.
- Ensures salons/stores are properly stocked and merchandised for maximum visual exposure and are easily shoppable.
- Accelerates customer recruitment through in-store/salon events, brand focus days, and multi-branded event days.
- Identifies underperforming salon/store accounts within the territory and establishes support plans.
- Manages current top salon customer base and assists in developing strategies and programs to increase market share within salon. Develops and owns a working customer target list of top-tier salons in market for conversion.
- Develops strong relationships with territory management and sales/store teams in order to meet sales targets.
- Clearly communicates in a timely and consistent manner with salons, sales consultants, distributor management, retail sales employees and managers, and all appropriate company team members.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere focused on achievement of sales goals. Drives productivity by door, salon and/or account.
- Prioritizes most urgent business needs utilizing strong time management. Establishes priorities and delegates effectively to meet goals and objectives.
- Analyzes monthly sales reports for volume achievement and areas of opportunity; develops strategies to improve performance.
- Schedules and executes additional events in key opportunity areas to drive sales.
- Manages expenses related to the assigned territory and achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to company standards.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Provides efficient feedback to appropriate company personnel regarding the effectiveness of strategies, trainings, selling tools, and products.
- Collaborate with appropriate company personnel to execute education strategy that will support sell-through.
- Identify educational needs and opportunities for both salons and stores and schedule appropriate format.
- Collaborate with Education & Events Manager to develop and support a team of top Educators.
- Provide detailed product knowledge with consistency, professionalism and appropriate verbiage to salons and stores; including sales tips, features and benefits focused on both consumers and professionals.
So why should you work with us?
Heat Makes Sense, Inc. is a fast-growing hair care and tool manufacturer, with our headquarters in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and a brand-new warehouse in Pennsauken, NJ which houses all our brands' inventory. We have been providing fun, performance-driven products and tools to professional stylists and consumers since 2007. Our products are carried by salon professionals and retailers worldwide. amika was founded by industry OUTSIDERS in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2007 and is the antithesis of a typical beauty brand. We know we owe a lot of our success to our office culture and embracing a family-like work environment.
Unlike most other companies, we create everything in-house. Our product development team has an idea for a tool or shampoo and creates and tests a bunch of different versions (employee participation encouraged!). Next, it goes to our amazingly innovative design studio to create our unique packaging and marketing materials and then on to operations to get produced. From there, marketing, sales and eCommerce take the reins to get it out into the world. All along the way, we have our executives, finance/accounting and HR/Admin departments to make sure the company itself is running smoothly (we still have hiccups but we're getting better and better every day!) No matter what part of the company you work, you have an impact on the company as a whole, which inspires a team mentality.
"Work hard, play hard" may be cliché but it's really what we believe in. We try to make this a fun and happy place to be and offer perks throughout the year to show our employees we appreciate their hard work.
Here are some quotes from real employees to tell you about who we are:
- "Great products, great ideas, fun environment, great employees, capable and caring management, and endless opportunities for growth and development."
- "A warm and encouraging atmosphere."
- "Relationships between co-workers are extremely important here, which makes the overall experience of going to work very pleasant."
- "Hard work is recognized."
- "I feel lucky to be a part of a brand that is on an upward path—it is a very exciting time."
- "Lots of fun events where you spend time and get to know coworkers outside the office, overall my team felt like a family, and that's rare in the workplace."
- "Super supportive management that really lets you have a voice and listens to your input and ideas."
OK, are you in yet? Here are some more details:
- Must have a car and current license
- Candidates with outside sales experience and salon industry and/or premium retail experience preferred
- Higher education degree preferred but not required
- Candidates with outside sales and salon industry experience preferred
- Cosmetology license is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High sales drive
- Ability to self-motivate and manage
- Ability to prospect and close new business
- Strong negotiation skills
- Service oriented
- Adaptable to working with and educating various personality types
- Competitive and collaborative
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Cloud, and general comfort with new programs
Benefits & Perks:
- Location: Northwest (Seattle)
- Type of Employment: Full-time
- Health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Quarterly product allowance for all HMS brands
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Make friends
- Love going to work every day
Ready to apply?
Please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you'd be the perfect fit along with your resume.
If you aren't the person for this job but know who is, send them this job. If we hire them, we'll give you $2500. Seriously. When we hire people, we ask who they were referred by and we pay this bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this job with a friend who's perfect for it!