Paradigm, through our independent real estate development, construction and property management companies, delivers a full range of real estate services. Our goal at Paradigm is to create a workplace built on teamwork, respect, and authenticity. Empowering our employees to pursue the company mission, to utilize our hard work, integrity, intelligence and experience to deliver the highest level of value and satisfaction to our residents, investors, customers and employees. We encourage our teams to be the difference!
We are seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our service team. Our technicians are responsible for assessing and completing work orders for repairs and improvements. You will play a key role in helping us maintain and enhance the value of one of our apartment communities in Washington, DC.
What the Service Technician will be doing:
What the Service Technician will need to succeed:
- Completing service requests to include electrical, plumbing, appliance repairs, carpentry, painting and HVAC repair.
- Preparing apartments when residents move out to new residents moving in, ensuring our company’s quality standards are met.
- Handling on-call maintenance service rotations; Weather related work and emergency support as needed.
- Assisting with overall maintenance operations and special projects as directed.
- Helping the community meet the expectations of our residents, visitors and owners by working with other maintenance and property department team members to create a positive environment for residents, visitors and staff.
What we offer our Service Technicians:
- Residential maintenance experience, as well as HVAC cert and experience required.
- Medium-heavy work requiring prolonged/repeated standing, walking, climbing and kneeling and working at varying degrees of heights; lifting 100lbs max, frequent lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Strong customer service skills, as well as good communication skills.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance; Access to property within 30 minutes for on-call requests.
- Pay range: $21 -$23 per hour.
- Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
- 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
- Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
- Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
- Housing rental discount and free on-site parking during work hours.
- In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
Candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, familial, disability or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.