Nexus Disposal is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (M/F/V/D).
Nexus Disposal is seeking a full-time HR Assistant to join the team!
Under general direction, handle advanced administrative and record keeping functions of the Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assist with screening applications.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all new employee information is accurate in Paycom.
- Ensure compliance by verifying that all new hires are authorized to work in the US according to E-Verify.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining employee files.
- Assist the Human Resources Team with the development and implementation of training programs.
- Work with the Human Resources Team to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special events throughout the year.
- Participate as an active member of one or more cross-functional teams.
- Ensure all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area with established time frames.
- Perform a variety of administrative services to support the basic human resources functions.
- Support Receptionist with relieving for breaks, answering multi-line telephone system, taking accurate messages, and screen and direct telephone calls for management in a professional manner.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or G.E.D., and minimum one (1) year of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements Preferred:
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Bilingual (Spanish and English)
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and highly adaptable change
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
- Normal setting for this job is in a regular office setting.
At Nexus Disposal, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company match on 401K, and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent