Req. ID: 126704
Recruiter: Audrey Watson
Job Title: Facilities General Maintenance Technician
Location: Manassas, VA
Job ID: 126704
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Facility General Maintenance Technician at Micron Technology, in Manassas, VA you will independently perform routine and non-routine tasks associated with maintaining industrial facility. You will plan and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment and building systems such as: pumps, air handlers, plumbing fixtures, drain piping, valves, VAV boxes, doors, and furniture. You will inspect equipment and evaluate tasks while taking appropriate corrective action. Independently perform troubleshooting and repairs to component level. Play a lead roles on assignments requiring two or more technicians.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Complete tasks as assigned in the Work Order Management System (Maximo)
2. Maintain site restroom functionality
3. Maintain interior walls, floors, and painted surfaces
4. Maintain inventory of excess furniture
5. Set up conference rooms and areas as requested for events and return rooms to standard configuration at the end of the events
6. Maintain indoor lighting fixtures
7. Maintain building internal and external doors
8. Hang signs, posters, banner, and pictures
9. Perform snow removal
Develop Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Participate in provided vendor training
2. Learn, understand, and follow manufactures recommendations
3. Author, review, and update procedures
Support Safety, Environmental, Health, and Security Standards
1. Complete work documentation in a timely fashion to include safety, job planning, site awareness of work, purchasing and other necessary paperwork to complete your job functions.
2. Achieve and maintain 100% completion of assigned EHSS training
3. Perform safety analysis (Job Hazard Analysis) as required
4. Have all necessary paperwork at each job to include safety, checklist and job plans and check steps off as you go
5. Be proactive in reducing incidents of personal injury, safety hazards, or environmental releases
Successful candidates for this position will have:
1. 2+ years of maintenance experience (required)
2. A strong knowledge of industrial facilities systems and inter-related disciplines (required)
3. Locksmith certification (preferred)
4. A customer service approach and excellent communication skills (preferred)
5. A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision (preferred)
6. The ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing and scheduling workload (preferred)
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands - Micron, Crucial, and Ballistix - we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelrate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (combined sick-leave and vacation time), Retirement Savings Plan, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development Training, Workplace Wellness Program, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity Rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress Attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Manassas || Virginia (US-VA) || United States (US) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-MW1 || Tier 2 ||