THIS IS PER DIEM -- NOT FULL/PART TIME
We are not hiring at the moment, but anticipate openings in your area in late November or early December.
Quest Diagnostics is a leading provider of worksite wellness screening and health improvement programs. During a biometric wellness screening, a trained Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness provider will collect a number of measurements, including height, weight, blood pressure, waist and/or hip circumference, as well as a finger stick for glucose and cholesterol levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, blood pressure, height/weight and other health screening services based on service package
· Provide basic health coaching based off of individual’s screening results
· Perform basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
· Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings
· Maintain accurate, complete, and legible records
· Participate in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary
· Comply with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents
· Understand and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices
· Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events
· Performs other related duties as necessary
· High School diploma/GED and/or medical license (Nurse, Phlebotomy Certificate, Medical Assistant License, C.N.A, etc.).
· Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification
· Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state or regulatory requirements
Required Work Experience:
· At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional health care setting
· Completion of a fingerstick within the last 1-2 years
· Proficient with finger stick blood collection methods and manual blood pressure
· Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred
· Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary
Work and Physical Conditions/Requirements:
· Worksite wellness screenings typically take place in a corporate/conference room type setting
· Travel is required to screening event locations (not provided)
· Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects up to 40 pounds.
· Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
· Examining/observing details
Job Type: Contract