We seek experienced proofreaders for both pre-trial and trial proceedings. Pre-trial proceedings are depositions and arbitrations, 911 calls, radio transmissions, police interviews, and motion hearings. Trial proceedings are bench and jury trials.
We seek legal proofreaders with a strong grasp of English grammar and punctuation, particularly as it applies to legal transcription. Proofreading experience with pretrial and trial transcripts is a requirement.
This is a work-from-home, independent contractor position. If you qualify, we can offer you work immediately.
- Proofread for the accuracy of content and proper format.
- Spot-check against the audio when text is questionable or is time-stamped as “indiscernible” or “inaudible.”
- Assure that the cover and index pages are accurate.
- Research any questionable spelling (name, place, thing).
- Provide MS Word ‘redlines’ for transcribers and administrators. Give feedback to transcribers.
- Deliver transcripts on time! Typical 48-hour turnaround.
- Previous experience with the proofreading of legal proceedings as legal typist, stenographer, voicewriter, scopist, legal editor, or paralegal.
- Thorough understanding of the central aspects of transcript formats and style guidelines.
- Proficiency with the MS Word Review feature.
- Capable of proofreading 500 to 2000 pages per week.
- Responsive and efficient, good interactive communication.
- Perfectionism with language.
- Appreciates learning and researching legal proceedings.
If you would like to join our team, send both your resume and a letter explaining why you would be a good legal proofreader of legal transcription. We look forward to hearing from you.
With best wishes.
Job Type: Contract
- Legal Proofreading: 2 years