Prudential, a world leader in financial services, is looking for experienced individual life underwriters to join our growing organization! Enthusiastic, dedicated individuals will be trained on our systems and procedures through one on one training. You will find opportunities to think both creatively and analytically, as well as being provided all the support you need to maximize your abilities. We need people who are highly motivated, enjoy relationship building, creative, results driven, and up for a challenge!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Appraise and underwrite individual life applications to assess mortality risk within company guidelines
- Underwriting authority limit up to $3M
- Strong relationship skills with distribution partners and key accounts
- Achieve strong service results: quality, productivity and cycle time
- Mentoring/development of less experienced underwriters
- Minimum of 3-5 years individual life underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experiences/Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional designation preferred, or significant progress towards
- Advanced technical underwriting knowledge and risk assessment
- Strong talent mindset
- Excellent negotiating and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.