**Inova Fairfax is seeking a Nurse Manager to support the Float Pool**
Supports Inova's mission and strategic plans by managing a nursing unit with 24-hour responsibility. Provides input to budget development and attainment of fiscal goals. Ensures unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and JCAHO standards. Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies. Manages clinical and non-clinical staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development. Tactical - Serves as primary liaison and information resource for unit. Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic, evidence based environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes. Utilizes the quality process and best practices to improve clinical operation of the unit. Utilizes JCAHO standards and nursing practice tools and research to support a care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes. Incorporates data and information to continually improve operations.
Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova's flagship hospital, is an 833-bed, nationally recognized regional medical center serving Northern Virginia and the Washington, DC, metro area. We are consistently ranked among the top healthcare providers in the United States, and we are proud to serve as Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center. The hospital has been awarded the National Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence by American Association of Critical Care. The Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is also home to Inova Children's Hospital, Inova Women's Hospital, and the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute.
- 2 years of clinical experience related to the unit's scope.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing. (BSN)
- BLS Certification. ACLS required for Emergency Department, Critical Care and procedural areas
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse. Proof required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Proven Leadership Skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment. Demonstrates professionalism. Customer focused, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain partnerships. Strong problem solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize. Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs.
Work Site LocationINOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS