Position Title: Executive Assistant - Safety
As Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative, travel arrangement, event planning and other related services for the Vice President, Safety. This role will coordinate functional communications, provide specialized support and guidance, and on and off-site domestic and international events.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with Vice President, Safety, and other executives to coordinate calendars, events, visitors, communications, etc.
- Manage and respond promptly to daily requests from various organizations both within and outside the company. Advise and assist on all incoming calls and requests.
- Monitor deadlines and follow-up on issues ensuring prompt responses while displaying a high degree of professionalism.
- Maintain close working relationships with administrative, HR and other departments to ensure adequate coordination and communications.
- Create, transcribe and edit correspondence and reports to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Read, evaluate and prioritize mail; disseminate confidential information; pro-actively compose and answer correspondence as appropriate with varying form and content; administer incoming/outgoing faxes.
- Schedule, plans, and manage all aspects of executive domestic and international travel to include last-minute revisions and contingency planning. Develop, manage, and host small and large corporate events. This includes concept and design development, scheduling lodging and event venues, planning menus, activities, and transportation. Negotiate and contract rates for venues and amenities.
- Organize, calculate and submit travel expenses (knowledge of calculating current exchange rates).
- Maintain departmental organization to include purchase orders, filing, and maintaining archival records of events.
- Manage executive schedules and activities, schedules of visitors and interviewers using Lotus Notes.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for meetings, applying Amcor branding and communications standards.
- Create and maintain central SharePoint site and related portals to streamline provision of tools, training and guidance for the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience providing similar support to executives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all levels of management, to include domestic and international, internal and external.
- Results orientation with a proven ability to recognize and handle complex problems and issues.
- Exceptional telephone skills; must exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Intranet, etc.
- Outstanding typing, editing and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment (e.g. fax machines, copiers, calculators, printers and PCs
- High level of attention to detail in all aspects of position.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Able to sit/stand/walk during normal business hours, plus overtime as needed to host events.
- Travel capabilities to include ability to travel overnight, as needed, up to 10 percent of scheduled time.
- Cultural adaptability to visit other facilities, sometimes in other countries.
- Physically able to lift up to 20 lbs. Includes occasional twisting, turning, or bending to move items
Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and products
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a multi-cultural team.
Keywords: Executive Administration, Personal Assistant, Business Partner, Safety, Manufacturing, Packaging, Travel, Travel Arrangements, Event Planning, Communication, Planning, Documentation, Calendar Management, Community Service.
To apply to this position, please apply on our website at www.amcor.com, or if any inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amcor (ASX: AMC; www.amcor.com) is a global leader in developing and producing high-quality, responsible packaging for a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical-device, home- and personal-care and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve supply chains, through a broad range of flexible packaging, containers, cartons, closures and services. The company's 35,000 people generate more than US$9billion in sales from operations that span 200-plus locations in more than 40 countries.
With 16 plants in the Americas operating in 6 countries, Amcor Flexibles Americas (AFA), a business group of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the medical, pharma, personal care, and food markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit www.amcor.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles - United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the Law" Poster and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We participate in E-Verify. For more information, please see the E-Verify Participation Poster and Right to Work Poster at the hiring location.
Pay Transparency Policy
Amcor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.