Karsun Solutions LLC is in the business of solving problems. Since 2009 as a premier consulting services company with a culture of innovation, Karsun offers a portfolio of Enterprise Modernization services to both civilian and defense Federal agencies. Karsun’s list of strong clientele includes U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. General Services Administration, and the Federal Aviation Administration. Karsun combines years of institutional knowledge with a deep commitment to customer relationships, on every project.
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for designing user-centric user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences.
- Develop information architecture, prototypes, and wireframes (low-fidelity, high-fidelity, interactive)
- Define the interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features.
- Gather design requirements using user research, interviews, and analysis to understand interface issues and requirements
- Validate designs through A/B testing (working with product management) and/or qualitative user research (either yourself or working with a UI/UX researcher)
- Troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end-user acceptance criteria.
- Manage self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality using Agile methodology.
- Estimate and scope development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Work with version control systems such as Git, Subversion, and Mercurial
- Implement print design principles, processes, color theory, typography, and other best practices
- Proficiency with responsive web interfaces and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap
- Work with the backend engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience
- Lead the technical coding and full life-cycle development of complex web UI for mobile and desktop views
- Perform Automated Unit testing on front-end code
- Develop applications with web build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Broccoli, Bower).
- Design and develop application for modern web technologies such as Angular and REACT
- Demonstrated experience in designing and prototyping user interfaces and usability of websites and/or web applications
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI/UX
- Demonstrated experience as key interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team throughout the system development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance)
- Experience of Jira, Confluence
- User Experience Certificate(s)
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Information systems, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
- 5+ years of UX design and development experience (and the portfolio to prove it)