Exceptional customer focus, dynamic and adaptable, self-motivated, curious, detail oriented….if you just connected with these words and thought, “Hey, that’s me!” then keep reading as you may have found your next great opportunity as an Office Assistant for Boston Medical.
Boston Medical is a national manufacturer and direct-distributor of high-quality medical supplies and ships directly to a variety of clients including Hospitals, Clinics, and Medical/Dental Offices with the purpose of exceeding our customer expectations, whether it be their first or hundredth order.
We are in search of an Office Assistant who will be an integral member of the team. This role will help support and maintain our growing business. The successful individual will be the primary point of contact for clients via a variety of mediums including phone, email, instant messaging and social media platforms. In addition, you will be responsible for processing day-to-day orders, shipping, and billing along with providing clients with product answers and or service in order to complete the sale.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, energetic, and work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and possess the ability to adhere to company policies/procedures while also able to work independently; a welcoming demeanor with an ability to work with people across all levels, both internally and externally.
In addition to the above, the Office Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Professionally handle phone calls, manage messages, questions, and e-mails with a customer service focus utilizing a multiple-line phone system and multiple apps/programs.
- Responsibly handle taking customer orders, processing customer and vendor invoices, payments, and other documents (paper-based and computer-based), strong follow-up on invoices/payments
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions
- Answer customer inquiries relating to: shipping and billing questions, rate quotes, etc.
- Answer or refer product questions as appropriate
- Handle overages, shortages, damages, claims, tracing of freight
- Work with manned and online warehouses to manage and report on inventory
- Prepare reports by collecting information, often utilizing pre-defined templates and/or processes
- Maintain customer and company privacy/confidentiality
- Perform basic administrative tasks and other duties as required
Qualities/Skills/Attributes of a successful Office Assistant:
- Proficiency with a computer: file/folder management, various software and systems such Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) E-Commerce, web-based platforms are a plus (will train on job)
- Works successfully in a small team environment and across multiple departments
- Communicates effectively and timely with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong follow-through on all issues to complete resolution
- Strong reasoning skills, attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to adapt to change in a positive manner to meet department goals
- Effectively utilizes operational knowledge to independently resolve exceptions
- Physical ability to handle packages at times (up to 50lbs, aided by equipment)
- High school diploma or equivalency is preferred
- 1+ years of office experience. 1+ years of sales/customer service experience is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base compensation
- Small entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible work environment
- Company sponsored events
Boston Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We operate a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- office assistant: 1 year (Preferred)