To ensure the safety of all clients enrolled in training sessions receives quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.
A YMCA Personal Trainer is required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, exercise science, exercise techniques, group leadership and experience in the specific fitness program they are teaching. Current certification in CPR, First Aid, AED, Other required certifications are: ACE, AFAA, ACSM or WITS Personal Training Certifications which need to be completed prior to start date. YMCA Personal Trainer certification required within 1 year of hire. Must be available to work evenings.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your session.
- Start and end session on time.
- Demonstrate proper form and technique to clients.
- Manage a safe training environment and maintain the safety of all participants.
- Manage client documentation.
- Supervise clients to ensure proper use all equipment used in sessions.
- Provide motivation, inspiration, and support for all clients.
- Assist with related programs and fitness events.
- Provide leadership and make new members feel welcome.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Promote and follow fitness guidelines at all times.
- Maintain physical ability to instruct classes.
- In an effort to keep employee injuries to a minimum, will encourage all staff to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. In all incidences, proper equipment must be used for the task being performed.
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time