For more than three decades, Pragmatics has provided clients with award-winning customer service and expert solutions to complex challenges. Since 1985, Pragmatics has maintained a sterling reputation as a trusted, capable and innovative solutions provider.
Pragmatics’ industry-leading experts currently deliver high-impact solutions to a portfolio of 25 major information technology contracts with a range of Defense and Civilian Agencies. These include the Defense Information Systems Agency; the Departments of the Army, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, and Treasury; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; the General Services Administration; and several intelligence agencies. Pragmatics is proud of its ability to support our clients in achieving success in their important missions, and we look forward to continuing to provide them with the highest level of service.
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company?
Pragmatics, Inc. seeks a Lead Data Architect/Scientist to support its federal client, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The position is located in Reston VA
This position is contingent upon contract awarded to Pragmatics
As a Lead Data Architect/Scientist, you will serve as the facilitator of the software development team leading the solution delivery efforts. On this role you will also gather, review, analyze, evaluate, and translate business requirements and functions to well-organized specifications. The BA is responsible for all aspects of requirements management in an Agile project, including working with the Product Owner and other stakeholders to create and groom the Product Backlog for a new system. Tests new system features and creates test cases
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of IT experience, focusing on data architecture or data services
- Three (3) years of experience leading data teams in such efforts as: data migration, transformation, data lake implementation/support as well as O&M.
- At least five (5) years of proven expertise in Relational and Dimensional Data Modeling
- Design software at the conceptual and logical levels. Supporting design at the physical level with software development team members.
- Coordinate with other architects to ensure a cohesive architecture is designed.
- Work with security staff to ensure that a secure solution is designed and developed.
- Assist software development team members in completing their duties, including answering questions or clearing hurdles related to
- Evaluate and recommend tools and technologies necessary to develop good software.
- Assist with testing and development.
- Interact with team members and client technical staff to both understand client needs and explain technical work.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Ten (10) plus years of work experience in data architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- DHS Suitability preferred or ability to obtain
Pragmatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pragmatics prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Pragmatics will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if it can do so without undue hardship.